- Listed: 06/16/2014 10:13 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Boeing hopes to develop ties with Japanese firms
Date: Jun 16, 2014
Source: NHK World
US aircraft maker Boeing is seeking the participation of Japanese firms in producing not only aircraft fuselage, but a wide range of related systems and other products for Boeing.
Boeing held a meeting in Tokyo to explain its plans to Japanese firms on Monday. It was attended by officials from Boeing and the US embassy, as well as those from Japan’s Economy, Trade and Industry Ministry and about 30 companies including major automakers and home electronics makers.
Boeing’s Japan President, George Maffeo, expressed hopes of developing ties with Japanese firms in areas beyond fuselage production. He praised Japanese makers for their good quality products and punctuality.
Japanese companies produced about 35 percent of the products for the fuselage of Boeing’s 787. Boeing announced last week that it had reached an agreement with 5 Japanese companies for them to produce about 21 percent of major components for the next generation wide-body 777X, which is under development.
According to the Economy, Trade and Industry Ministry, Japanese firms have made almost no progress in joining the production of systems such as electronic devices for the cockpit.
Nissan Motor was among the Japanese firms present at the meeting. Koichi Iwata, a manager at Nissan Motor, says the company has no business experience with the aircraft industry, but he thinks technology used in automobiles can be applied to aircraft. He says he wants to expand business.
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Member Since: 11/14/2012
Other items listed by JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Asano Fire-Retardant Lumber Co. Ltd. – CELL+FUNEN
- Shochiku Co., Ltd.
- Japan consumer sentiment up for 2nd straight month after a tax hike in April
- First produced Japanese whiskey in 1937 – Suntory Holdings Limited
- Yoshida Sake Brewery Co., Ltd. – Seishu Manufacturing since 1870
Top Ads Today
- Specializes in Pigments, Nanotechnology and Photosensitizer Compounds - Fuji Pigment Co., Ltd. (6 views)
- Acrorad Co., Ltd. - R&D and Manufacturing CdTe Detectors (4 views)
- KENKO Mayonnaise Co., Ltd. - Mayonnaise and Dressings Manufacture (4 views)
- Morioka Seiko Instruments Inc. - Luxury Watch Manufacturer (4 views)
- Eco-Stage Engineering Co., Ltd. - Produces Valuable Resources from Organic Waste (4 views)
- Nikken Engineering Corporation - Advanced Pipe & Tube Bending Technologies (3 views)
- Japan developing rainforest evaluation system to protect biological diversity in Southeast Asia (3 views)
- Hanwa Electronic Ind. Co., Ltd. - Manufacturing of Semiconductor Evaluation/Measuring Instruments (3 views)
- 9th Grand Renewable Energy 2014 International Exhibition (3 views)
- Imamura Co. Ltd. (3 views)