- Listed: 05/18/2014 9:16 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Automakers stepping up sales of assistive vehicles
Date: May 18, 2014
Source: NHK World
Japanese auto firms are stepping up efforts on vehicles designed for the elderly and others who need help getting around amid a surge in demand.
Toyota Motor has been marketing models for wheelchair users whose floor level can be lowered by pressing a button. Toyota made modifications to the models this year. A slope used to get a wheelchair into the vehicles can be folded and stored on the floor to make more space for luggage. The company also allows users to attach a regular seat in the space set aside for a wheelchair.
Daihatsu Motor plans to make all its dealerships in Japan barrier-free within 3 years. Dealerships will also have employees specializing in assistive vehicles and allow visitors take a demonstration ride. Daihatsu executive Yoshihiko Ota says the company hopes to inform people of the benefits of assistive vehicles both for people with disabilities and caregivers.
The Japan Automobile Manufacturers Association says a record-high number of assistive vehicles were sold in the business year that ended in March, totaling over 44,000.
Please ask to automaker about the mobility assistance program. That program varies depending upon the country or state.
Toyota has taken part in the mobility community since 2001 with the introduction of the Tundra pickup with a wheelchair lift and continues today with an expanded vehicle lineup equipped with mobility assistance products. Toyota Mobility
TThe Lexus Mobility Assistance Program provides new or wheelchair-accessible converted Lexus retail vehicle buyers with a cash reimbursement of up to $1,000 (paid directly to the retail buyer) to help offset expenses… For more details.
The Nissan Mobility Assist Program is committed to making every Nissan vehicle accessible. To help make this happen, we’re offering up to a $1,000 reimbursement on your purchase and installation of qualified adaptive equipment. For more details.
The Honda Customer Mobility Assistance Program is proud to support the mobility needs of drivers and passengers with physical disabilities. Honda will provide a reimbursement of up to $1,000 to each eligible… For more details.
The Acura Mobility Program is proud to support the mobility needs of drivers and passengers with physical disabilities. When you purchase or lease an Acura vehicle, you will be provided with a cash reimbursement… For more details.
The Subaru Mobile-It-Ease™ Program provides reimbursement of up to $500 on new Subaru vehicles from authorized Subaru dealers in the United States to help qualifying owners get necessary vehicle modification… For more details.
- Mitsubishi Fuso
- UD Trucks
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Member Since: 11/14/2012
Other items listed by JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Japanese Advertising Company “Dentsu” Announces “2013 Hit Products in Japan”
- Saga Bisou Co., Ltd.
- Mitsubishi Electric to Deliver Two Communication Satellites to Turkey
- J-POP SUMMIT FESTIVAL July 27 & 28, 2013 San Francisco
- IOFT(International Optical Fair Tokyo) 2013 – Asia’s Leading Optical Trade Fair
Top Ads Today
- Fujiwara Industry Co., Ltd. - Wastewater Treatment and Tsunami Emergency Equipment (20 views)
- Gifu Seiki Kogyo Co., Ltd. - We specialize in precision deep drawing (13 views)
- Nippon Poly-Glu Co., Ltd. - Provides Water Treatment Assistance (12 views)
- SHINKO IND. LTD. - Our Cargo Oil Pumps Occupies 85% of The Global Market (10 views)
- Nippura Co., Ltd. - Aquarium Manufacturer (9 views)
- SAGA HIMAT - Heavy Ion Cancer Treatment Center (9 views)
- Aiya Co., Ltd. - We've been producing the organic matcha green tea since 1885 (8 views)
- Kuken Kogyo Co., Ltd. - Leading manufacturer of cooling tower systems in Japan (8 views)
- Twinbird Corporation - FPSC - New Cooling/Refrigeration System (7 views)
- SATSUMA SHUZO CO., LTD. - Shochu Manufacturer (7 views)