- Listed: 07/08/2014 2:14 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Business sentiment up again
Date: Jul 8, 2014
Source: NHK World
Workers in Japan are again seeing rising sales after a tax hike in April. Business sentiment in the country improved in June for a second straight month.
Each month, Cabinet Office officials survey more than 2,000 people mainly in the service sector about their confidence regarding current economic conditions.
The sentiment index in June rose 2.6 points from the previous month, to 47.7.
Workers in wide-ranging areas including supermarkets, electric appliance shops and car dealerships said sales were recovering from a post-tax hike slump.
But rising gasoline prices cast a shadow on the outlook for a few months from now. The index for that period fell 0.5 points, to 53.3. It declined for the first time in three months.
Cabinet office officials brushed aside the decrease as minor, and revised their assessment upward. They said the impact of the tax hike is fading and that Japan’s economy remains on a mild recovery path.
Top Ads Today
- Japanese multinational electronics company - Brother Industries, Ltd. (15 views)
- SATSUMA SHUZO CO., LTD. - Shochu Manufacturer (10 views)
- Kyoetsu Co. Ltd., - Kimono sales, rental, women's wigs, men's apparel from Kyoto (9 views)
- Oriental Carpet Mills Co., Ltd. - Carpet Design and Manufacturing (7 views)
- Nippon Poly-Glu Co., Ltd. - Provides Water Treatment Assistance (6 views)
- Acoma Medical Industry Co., Ltd. - Manufacturing medical devices, including artificial ventilators (6 views)
- Kuken Kogyo Co., Ltd. - Leading manufacturer of cooling tower systems in Japan (6 views)
- Kyokuto Valve Mfg. Co. Ltd. - We have over 60 years experience producing the highest quality safety valves (5 views)
- Parama-Tech Co., Ltd. - The World's First Automatic Sphygmomanometer (5 views)
- Hotel Wing International Premium Kanazawa Ekimae - Designed by Ryuzo Shirae (5 views)