- Listed: 07/08/2014 2:14 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Business sentiment up again
Date: Jul 8, 2014
Source: NHK World
Workers in Japan are again seeing rising sales after a tax hike in April. Business sentiment in the country improved in June for a second straight month.
Each month, Cabinet Office officials survey more than 2,000 people mainly in the service sector about their confidence regarding current economic conditions.
The sentiment index in June rose 2.6 points from the previous month, to 47.7.
Workers in wide-ranging areas including supermarkets, electric appliance shops and car dealerships said sales were recovering from a post-tax hike slump.
But rising gasoline prices cast a shadow on the outlook for a few months from now. The index for that period fell 0.5 points, to 53.3. It declined for the first time in three months.
Cabinet office officials brushed aside the decrease as minor, and revised their assessment upward. They said the impact of the tax hike is fading and that Japan’s economy remains on a mild recovery path.
1264 total views, 3 today
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Member Since: 11/14/2012
Other items listed by JAPAN PRODUCTS
- How Japan Has Perfected Hospitality Culture
- Plan designed by Japanese architect in the development projects of Paris was adopted
- Nippon Magnetic Dressing Co., Ltd. – Iron and steel slag recycling business and sales sorting machine
- Sakamoto Urushi Manufacturing Co., Ltd. – Urushi Surface Manufacturing
- Tagawa Sangyo Co., Ltd. – Surface coatings with using Japanese traditional Shikkui