- Listed: 05/15/2014 10:52 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Otsuka’s POCARI SWEAT Aims the Very First Moon Landing Private Firms Take the Lead in the Start of “LUNAR DREAM CAPSULE PROJECT” – Delivering all children’s dreams 380,000KM to the moon
Date: May 15, 2014
Source: Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- The first private moon-landing project has started. In the world’s beverage history, a time capsule will be delivered to the moon, containing dreams of children, along with POCARI SWEAT as a symbol of our precious water, delivering the message that “dream is always close to our hands.”
- With hopes that children interested in space and the moon will one day challenge landing on the moon, a tour to primary schools in and out of Japan will be done to gather dreams of children from around the world.
- A smartphone app to enable virtual messaging to the moon is also launched.
TOKYO, JAPAN- Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (Head office: Tokyo Japan; President Taro Iwamoto) is taking part in the first private moon landing project starting on May 15, 2014 (launch from Florida U.S.A. scheduled in October 2015) named “LUNAR DREAM CAPSULE PROJECT” (hereinafter LUNAR PROJECT)
“There is water on the moon.” This project was initiated by the discovery *1 that may signal the arrival of the era for the human race to occupy the moon as a living environment. “Until now, the space travel was only possible at a national project level. Now, we want to realize it privately and get to the moon.” To bring this dream closer to reality, POCARI SWEAT will challenge the approximately 380,000km journey to the surface of the moon together with private corporations possessing world’s leading technologies. LUNAR DREAM CUPSULE (hereinafter DREAM CUPSULE), a time capsule that will be delivered to the moon, contains dreams of children from around the world along with POCARI SWEAT (powder) as a symbol of our precious water, delivering the message that “dream is always close to our hands.”
Human beings always need fluids and ions (electrolyte). As a drink to quickly replenish fluid and ions (electrolyte) lost in perspiration, POCARI SWEAT has been supporting people since its launch in 1980. Otsuka hopes that one day youths interested in space will live out their dreams, collect the DREAM CAPSULE, and drink the POCARI SWEAT mixed with the water found on the moon.
About DREAM CAPSULE
The DREAM CAPSULE to be delivered to the moon is made out of titanium, shaped like a POCARI SWEAT can, and weighs 1,000g. To continuously endure the harsh environment of the moon where the temperature shifts from minus 170℃ at night to 110℃ during the day, the capsule was developed specifically for this project. The messages to be put inside the capsule are dreams of children gathered from visits to primary schools in and out of Japan. Messages are also accepted via the project website (http://lunar-dream.com).
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Member Since: 11/14/2012
Other items listed by JAPAN PRODUCTS
- OREC CO., LTD. – Agricultural Machineries and Gardening Machines
- Fujiwara Industry Co., Ltd. – Wastewater Treatment and Tsunami Emergency Equipment
- Asahi Automobile Co., Ltd.
- KOYOH Co., LTD. – Eco-Bio Block Creates Clear Water by Natto (Fermented Soybean) Bacillus
- Brilliant Japanese Product & Packaging Design – Rachel Arandilla
Top Ads Today
- KENKO Mayonnaise Co., Ltd. - Mayonnaise and Dressings Manufacture (26 views)
- Morioka Seiko Instruments Inc. - Luxury Watch Manufacturer (11 views)
- Japan's leading sporting goods manufacturer - ASICS Corporation (10 views)
- Over 600 Franchises Restaurants in Japan - Ringer Hut Co., Ltd. (9 views)
- Barasu: "To Expose" - Honda Super Cub 50 Standard Model motorcycle (8 views)
- Specializes in Pigments, Nanotechnology and Photosensitizer Compounds - Fuji Pigment Co., Ltd. (8 views)
- Manufacturing Food Processing and Automation Machine - Nikko Co., Ltd. (7 views)
- Fukuoka Shipbuilding Co., Ltd. - Shipbuilding Company (6 views)
- First produced Japanese whiskey in 1937 - Suntory Holdings Limited (6 views)
- Asahi Kasei Corporation (6 views)