- Company Name: Takara Bio Inc.
- State/Prefecture: Shiga Prefecture
- City/Town/Village: Kusatsu
- Street: 7-4-38 Nojihigashi
- Country: Japan
- Zip/Postal Code: 525-0058
- Phone: +81 77 565 6920
- Website: http://www.takara-bio.com
- Listed: 02/15/2018 10:28 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Takara Bio Inc. is an innovative biotechnology company based in Shiga, Japan. Takara Bio Inc. began as the biomedical business unit of Takara Shuzo Co., Ltd. (now Takara Holdings Inc.) in 2002. As a world leader in biotechnology research and development, Takara Bio was the first company to market PCR technology in Japan and is also the developer of the RetroNectin® reagent, which is used as a world standard in gene therapy protocols.
In addition to providing research reagents and equipment to the life science research market, Takara Bio has active research and product development activities in the fields of gene and cell-based therapy and agricultural biotechnology; and is committed to preventing disease and improving the quality of life for all people through the use of biotechnology. Through strategic alliances with other industry leaders, Takara Bio aims to extend its reach around the world.
Takara Bio will focus on three business segments that utilize its core biotechnology and encourage broader expansion.
- Bioindustry Business, the basis for stable earning providing research reagents, scientific instruments, and various contracted services to universities and companies around the world.
- AgriBio Business, the segment being nurtured as the Company’s secondary profit-making business.
- Gene Therapy Business, the segment that the Company views as the foundation for future growth developing and commercializing gene therapies for cancer.
Top Ads Today
- PHC Holdings Corporation - Medical Devices, Healthcare IT and Life Sciences Business (2 views)
- Kyokuto Valve Mfg. Co. Ltd. - We have over 60 years experience producing the highest quality safety valves (2 views)
- Japanese brand road bike specializing in triathlon - CEEPO (2 views)
- Mu Ltd. - Self-propelling capsule endoscopy "MiniMermaid" (2 views)
- NTT DOCOMO Inc. - Japan's largest telecommunications company (1 views)
- Daifuku Co., Ltd. - Providing logistics systems and material handling equipment (1 views)
- In Japan, vegetable factories market size is expected to reach 15.2 billion yen ($14.9 million) in 2018 (1 views)
- DAISAN Corporation - Manufacturing of plastic molding based on the "derivative limb" technology (1 views)
- Asahi Kasei Corporation (1 views)
- United Arrows Ltd. - Producing popular Japanese clothing brands (1 views)