- Listed: 06/15/2013 10:12 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Hitachi wins electrical and mechanical equipment order for Vietnam metro rail project
Date: June 13, 2013
Japanese infrastructure firm Hitachi has secured a JPY37bn ($384m) order from the People’s Committee of Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam to provide electrical and mechanical equipment for the under-construction urban railway Line 1 between Ben Thanh and Suoi Tien in the city.
The project represents the first phase of the Vietnamese government’s plans to build several urban railways in the city to meet the increase in traffic volumes, reduce road traffic congestion and protect the environment.
Under the deal, Hitachi will be responsible for carrying out electrical and mechanical works, track-works and delivery of rolling stock for the first phase of the Ho Chi Minh City Metro network.
Hitachi will deliver 17 three-car trains, signalling systems, telecommunications including wireless train radio, power supplies, platform screen doors, automatic fare collection and depot facilities.
Construction of the Ben Thanh-Suoi Tien metro rail project started in August 2012 by Sumitomo and Vietnam-based construction firm Cienco 6 under a $2.4bn contract.
Work on the 19.7km metro line will include the construction of a 17.2km elevated section, as well as a 21ha train yard.
Subsequent contracts are scheduled to be offered for a 2.6km underground section of the line.
Line 1 is expected to ease traffic in the Vietnamese city, with scheduled completion in 2017 and operations are expected to start in 2018.
Under a separate agreement, Hitachi will also provide maintenance services for five years after the line starts commercial operations.
Please check the Hitachi’s products and srcices
Top Ads Today
- TSI Holdings Co., Ltd. - Offer more than 50 clothing brands for women (15 views)
- OHKI Co., Ltd. - We are a leading manufacturer of filter bags for tea and coffee (8 views)
- Japanese Traditional "Kurume-Ori(Weave)" Clothing - Watanosato (6 views)
- Prime Polymer Co., Ltd. (5 views)
- ITO Co., Ltd. - Japan's first physiotherapy equipment manufacturer (5 views)
- JFOODO - To Expand Japanese Food Products and Food Culture to Overseas (4 views)
- D&M Holdings Inc. (4 views)
- Tokyo Convention & Visitors Bureau (TCBV) (4 views)
- Nippon Poly-Glu Co., Ltd. - Provides Water Treatment Assistance (4 views)
- Mitutoyo Corporation - World's largest provider of measurement and inspection solutions (4 views)