- Listed: 08/25/2013 6:49 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Inovation Salon: Growing Biotech Ties Between The Bay Area and Japan
Venue: UCSF Mission Bay Genentech Hall
Date: Wednesday, September 25, 2013
Time: 6:00 PM – 8:30 PM
When the best of Japanese creativity and American entrepreneurial skill join forces, unimagined business opportunities occur.
The Japan Society of Northern California is pleased to offer continuing programming that explores new dimensions of Japan – U.S. innovation and entrepreneurship. This “Innovation Salon” panel discussion will spotlight unique business opportunities and business models, arising from expansion of the UCSF Mission Bay complex – America’s center of biotech excellence – and reinforced by its very strong Japan ties.
- Haru Morita, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, REGIMMUNE Corporation, located in Santa Clara and Tokyo
Mary Haak-Frendscho, Ph.D., Chief Executive Officer, Igenica, Inc.
- Dr. Robert Kneller, Professor, Research Center for Advanced Science and Technology (RCAST), University of Tokyo & Visiting Professor, Stanford Medical School.
- Network with the speakers, innovators and entrepreneurs. Wine and hors d’oeuvres provided by the Japan Society of Northern California.
Attendees will gain invaluable insights into:
- QB3’s unique strategy to encourage pure bioscience research and facilitate its entrepreneurial realization
- REGIMMUNE’s distinctive business model that combines activities in both Japan and the U.S.
- Dr. Haak-Fredscho’s perspective on U.S. – Japan biotech business and career opportunities, shaped by Igenica’s recent start-up and founding Takeda Pharmaceutical’s San Francisco research organization.
- $15 per person for Japan Society Members & Students with ID
- $20 per person for Non-members
- $25 per person for Walk-ins
UCSF Mission Bay Genentech Hall
600 16th Street, San Francisco, CA 94158 USA
Top Ads Today
- Japan Cell Co., Ltd. - Optical contact of adhesive free bonding process (58 views)
- Japanese govt helps China to turn used cooking oil into soap in a bid to reduce water pollution (23 views)
- SHINKO IND. LTD. - Our Cargo Oil Pumps Occupies 85% of The Global Market (18 views)
- Nippura Co., Ltd. - Aquarium Manufacturer (16 views)
- World Co., Ltd. - Japan's leading clothing company with nearly 100 brands (11 views)
- Nitto Denko Corporation - Manufacturing adhesives and coating products (10 views)
- Japan capitalize experience and technologies for reducing pollutants of PM2.5 problem (9 views)
- ACCESS Co., Ltd. - Provider of Advanced Software Technologies (8 views)
- HIRANO TECSEED Co., Ltd. - Coating and Laminating Technology (7 views)
- Japanese Traditional "Kurume-Ori(Weave)" Clothing - Watanosato (6 views)