Fukushima Experimental Offshore Floating Wind Farm Project – 2nd phase has been successfully completed
- Listed: 06/12/2014 6:31 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Fukushima Experimental Offshore Floating Wind Farm Project Second Phase Update
Date: Jun 11, 2014
Source: Fukushima Offshore Wind Consortium
A consortium made up of Marubeni (project integrator), the University of Tokyo (technical advisor), Mitsubishi, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Japan Marine United, Mitsui Engineering & Shipbuilding, Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corporation, Hitachi, Furukawa Electric, Shimizu, and Mizuho Information & Research has been participating in an experimental offshore floating wind farm project sponsored by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry since March 2012. At present, the construction of the three-column semi-sub as part of the second phase has been successfully completed.
- 1. Outline of construction works in the second phase:
Setting one 7MW oil pressure drive-type floating wind turbine and undersea cables
- 2. Work progress to date:
7MW oil pressure drive-type floating wind turbine
- Completion of construction of the three-column semi-sub floater and mooring it at Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd. Nagasaki Shipyard & Machinery Works.
- Parts procurement and construction of 7MW oil pressure drive-type floating wind turbine in progress at Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd. Yokohama Dockyard & Machinery Works.
- Production of the undersea cable at Furukawa Electric Co., Ltd. Chiba Works.
- Preparation to connect cables to the 66kV floating power sub-station in progress.
- 3. Next Step
The following activities need to be completed to start operation of the power facilities during the current year:
* Schedule will be changed depending on the meteorological and sea conditions
7MW floating power facilities and undersea cabl
Early June – late August Laying chains and anchors at the testing area Mid June – late August Shipping, laying and burying the undersea cable at the testing area From early December Mounting wind turbine on three-column semi-sub at Onahama port
About Fukushima Floating Offshore Wind Farm Demonstration Project
Fukushima offshore wind consortium, which consists of Marubeni Corporation (Project integrator), the University of Tokyo(Technical advisor), Mitsubishi Corporation, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Japan Marine United Corporation, Mitsui Engineering & Shipbuilding, Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corporation, Ltd., Hitachi Ltd., Furukawa Electric Co., Ltd., Shimizu Corporation and Mizuho information &
Research, is proceeding with Fukushima floating offshore wind farm demonstration project (Fukushima FORWARD) funded by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry.
In this project, three floating wind turbines and one floating power sub-station will be installed off the coast of Fukushima. The first phase of the project consists of one 2MW floating wind turbine, the world first 25MVA floating substation and undersea cable, and will be completed in 2013. In the second phase two world largest 7MW wind turbines will be installed before 2015.
This project will establish the business-model of the floating wind farm and contribute to future commercial projects. The consortium members are also expected
to learn know-how of floating offshore wind farm, which will be one of the major export industries in Japan.
The Fukushima FORWARD project believes to help Fukushima to become the center of new industry which will create new employment in this region to recover from the damage of the Great East Japan Earthquake in 2011.
Top Ads Today
- D&M Holdings Inc. (6 views)
- Kirin Holdings Co. Ltd. - a holdings group with Kirin Company and Kyowa Hakko Kirin (5 views)
- Hand & Foot Bath Machine - Presented by OSK Global Business Promotion (5 views)
- Japan Cell Co., Ltd. - Optical contact of adhesive free bonding process (4 views)
- Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO) - Tokyo Headquarters (3 views)
- Chugai Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. - One of Japan’s leading pharmaceutical companies (3 views)
- Total Hair Solutions: Wigs and Hair Transplantation Services - Aderans (3 views)
- TAKAMAZ Machinery Co., Ltd - Manufacturing of CNC precision lathes and special-purpose machines (3 views)
- Hanwa Electronic Ind. Co., Ltd. - Manufacturing of Semiconductor Evaluation/Measuring Instruments (3 views)
- SENJO SEIKI Co., Ltd. - Automatic Chamfering and Deburring Machines (2 views)