Japanese Government to Extend $120 Mil Aid to Kyrgyzstan for improving infrastructure and financial support
- Listed: 07/16/2014 11:17 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Japan to extend $120 mil aid to Kyrgyzstan
Date: Jul 16, 2014
Source: NHK World
Japan will extend 120 million dollars in loans to Kyrgyzstan to help the Central Asian country’s efforts to promote democracy. Japanese Foreign Minister Fumio Kishida offered the loan at a meeting with Kyrgyz Foreign Minister Erlan Abdyldaev in Bishkek on Wednesday.
The meeting was held on the sidelines of a foreign ministerial meeting Kishida will have with his counterparts from 5 Central Asian countries.
Kishida says this is the first visit by a Japanese foreign minister to Kyrgyzstan in 10 years. He wants to promote the relationship between the 2 countries. He added Japan wants to fully back the nation’s efforts to promote democracy.
Abdyldaev says his country considers Japan its most important partner, and that it needs support. The 120-million dollar loan will be used on disaster prevention and to repair highways.
Japan will also offer financial support to help young Kyrgyz administrative officials study at Japanese universities. Kishida is scheduled to leave for Ukraine after the foreign ministerial meeting.
Top Ads Today
- YASKAWA Electric Corporation - Manufacturer of Servos, Machine Controllers, AC Motor Drives, Switches and Robots (9 views)
- Japanese brand road bike specializing in triathlon - CEEPO (9 views)
- Nippon Poly-Glu Co., Ltd. - Provides Water Treatment Assistance (9 views)
- Japanese Traditional Bento Box and Tableware - Maturi no Eemon (9 views)
- Providing Japanese Beauty Trends - istyle Inc. (8 views)
- Japanese Traditional "Kurume-Ori(Weave)" Clothing - Watanosato (7 views)
- ITO Co., Ltd. - Japan's first physiotherapy equipment manufacturer (7 views)
- Sumita Optical Glass, Inc. - Optical Glass Manufacturing and R&D (6 views)
- Japan corporate bankruptcies fell to their lowest level in 23 years (6 views)
- Yushi-Seihin Co., Ltd. - Oil & Fat Products supply and trading since 1947 (5 views)