- Listed: 06/18/2014 11:01 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Japan helps China to recycle waste cooking oil
Date: Jun 18, 2014
Source: NHK World
Japan’s government is working with an environmental group in China to turn used cooking oil into soap in a bid to reduce water pollution.
The government gave a grant of around 100,000 dollars to the group for a project modeled on one at Lake Biwa in western Japan.
The group installed four processing machines in the cities of Beijing and Tianjin.
Media observed a demonstration of the process in the Tianjin economic and technical development zone on Wednesday.
Experts from Japan showed how to use the machine to heat waste oil. When caustic soda and water are added to the oil, soap is created.
A representative of the group says the project can raise public awareness about environmental protection in China.
A senior official from the Japanese Embassy in Beijing, Naomi Inoue, said the government will proceed with the project despite political difficulties between the 2 countries.
The disposal of cooking oil affects the environment and drinking water in China, where many households and restaurants dump untreated waste oil into sewers.
Top Ads Today
- Watanabe Engineering Corporation - Manufacture of Sheet Metal Machine (76 views)
- TSI Holdings Co., Ltd. - Offer more than 50 clothing brands for women (29 views)
- Nippon Poly-Glu Co., Ltd. - Provides Water Treatment Assistance (28 views)
- ABI Co., Ltd. - Freezer machine for keeping tissue cells alive (19 views)
- ITO Co., Ltd. - Japan's first physiotherapy equipment manufacturer (16 views)
- D&M Holdings Inc. (16 views)
- Asahi Glass Co., Ltd. - Manufacturing of flat glass, automotive glass, display, and variety glass products (14 views)
- KOSÉ Corporation - Japanese Cosmetics, Skin Care and Hair Care Products (13 views)
- Prime Polymer Co., Ltd. (12 views)
- Nippura Co., Ltd. - Aquarium Manufacturer (12 views)