- Listed: 06/18/2014 11:01 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Japan helps China to recycle waste cooking oil
Date: Jun 18, 2014
Source: NHK World
Japan’s government is working with an environmental group in China to turn used cooking oil into soap in a bid to reduce water pollution.
The government gave a grant of around 100,000 dollars to the group for a project modeled on one at Lake Biwa in western Japan.
The group installed four processing machines in the cities of Beijing and Tianjin.
Media observed a demonstration of the process in the Tianjin economic and technical development zone on Wednesday.
Experts from Japan showed how to use the machine to heat waste oil. When caustic soda and water are added to the oil, soap is created.
A representative of the group says the project can raise public awareness about environmental protection in China.
A senior official from the Japanese Embassy in Beijing, Naomi Inoue, said the government will proceed with the project despite political difficulties between the 2 countries.
The disposal of cooking oil affects the environment and drinking water in China, where many households and restaurants dump untreated waste oil into sewers.
Top Ads Today
- Japanese brand road bike specializing in triathlon - CEEPO (11 views)
- SHINKO DENSHI CO., LTD - The World Only Tuning-Fork Sensor "ViBRA" (6 views)
- Mandom Corporation - Founded 1927, develop and sell Japanese cosmetics (6 views)
- Ci:z Holdings Co., Ltd. - Providing Health and Beauty Inspired by Medical Expertise (6 views)
- Uzushio Electric Co., Ltd. - Manufacturing of electrical equipment for ships (6 views)
- D&M Holdings Inc. (6 views)
- Japan's leading sporting goods manufacturer - ASICS Corporation (5 views)
- Mary Chocolate Co., Ltd. made Japanese style Valentine's Day (5 views)
- Nakamura Brace Co. Ltd. - Orthotics and Prosthetics Manufacturer (5 views)
- Noevir Holdings Co., Ltd. - Developing Cosmetics, Pharmaceuticals and Health Foods (5 views)