Shimizu Corporation – Top 20 International General Contractor in the World
- Company Name: Shimizu Corporation
- State/Prefecture: Tokyo
- Street: 2-16-1 Kyobashi, Chuo-ku
- Zip/Postal Code: 104-8370
- Website: http://www.shimz.co.jp/english/
- Listed: 12/07/2013 12:38 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Shimizu Corporation is a leading architectural, engineering and general contracting firm, offering an integrated, comprehensive planning, design and build solutions for a broad range of construction and engineering projects worldwide. It has annual sales of approximately US $14 billion and has been widely recognized as one of the top 5 contractors in Japan and among the top 20 in the world. It has a network spanning Asia, Europe, North America, the Middle East and Africa.
Shimizu’s more than 200-year history began in 1804, when founder Kisuke Shimizu launched a carpentry business in the Kanda Kajicho district in Edo (now Tokyo). During its early years, Shimizu appointed Eiichi Shibusawa, a renowned industrialist of the Meiji Era (1868-1912), as senior advisor and based its management style on his “Rongo to Soroban” (“The Analects and the Abacus”). This work set forth the concept of how businesses can contribute to society based on a firm union between ethics and economics, thereby achieving fair returns and attractive growth.
Construction technologies and methods have advanced rapidly since that time. Still, the approach of striving to ensure growth based on quality products that satisfy customers remains the unchanging foundation for all Shimizu activities.
Today, society is in the midst of dramatic, fast-paced change.
Customer needs for buildings and other structures continue to change and diversify. These needs include responses to global environmental issues, measures against earthquakes and other natural disasters, and contributions to customer business activities. Shimizu seeks to increase customer satisfaction and contribute to society by providing value that surpasses all expectations.
Each structure Shimizu builds incorporates ideas that are drawn from a wide range of parties while centering on the needs of our customers. Shimizu identifies these ideas and applies them in a way that breathes new life into its structures.
By applying such passion to each and every project, Shimizu is ensuring that generations to come can be proud of the work we do today.
- Contracting for building, civil engineering, machinery and other construction works;
- Research, planning, study, evaluation, diagnosis, soil analysis, surveying, design, supervision, management and consultancy in connection with construction works;
- Research, planning, design, supervision, management and consultancy in connection with regional development, urban development, ocean development, space development, resources and energy development, and environment improvement, and the like;
- Purchase, sale, letting, brokerage, management, appraisal and consultancy in connection with real estate;
- Construction, sale, letting and caretaking of residential houses and other kinds of buildings and development and sale of land;
- Second financial instruments business, investment advisory and agency business under the Financial Instruments and Exchange Law and business under the Real Estate Specific Joint Enterprise Law;
- Planning, construction, possession, maintenance and operation of public and quasi-public facilities such as public office buildings, educational and cultural facilities, medical and welfare facilities, roads, harbors, airports, parks, water supply and sewerage facilities and the like;
- Generation of electrical power and supply of energy such as electricity, heat and the like, and the transfer of emission rights of gases having global warming effect, and consultancy in connection therewith;
- Undertaking of soil analysis and purification work, collection, disposition, disposal, and reutilization of waste, and consultancy in connection therewith;
- Design, installation, sale, lease, maintenance and consultancy in relation to information communication systems, building management systems and the like;
- Maintenance and upkeep, security and cleaning of buildings, equipment and machinery;
- Design, manufacturing, sale, lease and brokerage of construction machinery, concrete products for construction, wooden products for building construction, furniture, interior fittings and wood products, and sale, lease and brokerage of construction materials;
- Acquisition, licensing and sale of industrial property, copyrights, know-how and computer software;
- Management and consultancy in relation to sporting facilities, hotels, restaurants and resort facilities;
- Sales of pharmaceuticals, medical care materials, medical machinery and equipment, management of and consultancy in relation to facilities with nursing services for senior citizens, and domestic nursing service;
- Planning, production and sales of advertisements, publications, printing, images and other information media, and planning, operation and consultancy in relation to business events;
- Inland transportation, and the operation of warehouses and distribution centers;
- Agency for non-life insurance, agency for life insurance, travel agency and manpower supply agency;
- Financial business such as loans, guarantees and factoring;
- Overseas operations in connection with any of the preceding items; and
- Any and all business related to or associated with any of the preceding items.
Ad Reference ID: 29752a2de748a8c4
One Related article of “Shimizu Corporation – Top 20 International General Contractor in the World”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Top Ads Today
- Kyoto Seisakusho Co., Ltd. - Manufacturing of packaging machines and processing machines (22 views)
- Japan Cell Co., Ltd. - Optical contact of adhesive free bonding process (20 views)
- We've been delivering Matcha, Gyokuro, Sencha and other Japanese tea since 1931 - Honjien Co., Ltd. (16 views)
- SHINKO IND. LTD. - Our Cargo Oil Pumps Occupies 85% of The Global Market (15 views)
- TSI Holdings Co., Ltd. - Offer more than 50 clothing brands for women (14 views)
- Yushi-Seihin Co., Ltd. - Oil & Fat Products supply and trading since 1947 (13 views)
- Nippon Poly-Glu Co., Ltd. - Provides Water Treatment Assistance (12 views)
- Chugai Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. - One of Japan’s leading pharmaceutical companies (12 views)
- ITO Co., Ltd. - Japan's first physiotherapy equipment manufacturer (11 views)
- I-Medex Co., Ltd. - Manufacturing of bioelectrode products such as holter monitor electrodes (11 views)
Shimizu Corporation Has Master Plan For Giant Solar Panel Belt Around Moon To Solve Energy Problems
Shimizu Corporation, a Japanese construction company, has proposed to tackle Japan’s, and possibly the entire planet’s, energy problems by setting up a giant belt of solar panels around the Moon’s equator.
Tokyo-based Shimizu said its “lunar solar power generation concept” would pave the way for a “virtually inexhaustible, nonpolluting” source of energy, adding that work on the belt could be started as early as 2035 if it receives adequate funding, although the company did not provide details about the cost of such a venture.
Continue reading »