Ghibli’s movie featured in Vancouver again – 16 works such as “Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea” received by popular demand
- Listed: 06/26/2013 10:51 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Castles in the Sky: The Return of Studio Ghibli
By popular demand, the return of the smash-hit retrospective!
Date: June 26, 2013
Source: The Cinematheque
Movie Schedule: JULY 4-6, 8, 10-14, 18-31 / AUGUST 1-5
This major retrospective of the films of Studio Ghibli, the world-renowned anime studio founded in Tokyo in 1985 by animation directors Hayao Miyazaki and Isao Takahata and producer Toshio Suzuki, was a positive sensation — in fact, our most popular large-scale series in years — when we first presented it in December. By popular demand, we’re pleased to bring it back for a return engagement during our 2013 summer season. And we’ve added two additional Ghibli features to the 14 we screened the first go-round.
Frequently referred to as the Disney of Japan, Studio Ghibli (pronounced “jib-lee” or “gee-buh-lee”) is known for startlingly original animated feature films that combine dazzling visual virtuosity, vivid characterizations, and epic storytelling. These include some of the most magical, most beloved animated movies ever made, including Castle in the Sky, My Neighbour Totoro, Kiki’s Delivery Service, Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, and Howl’s Moving Castle.
2624 total views, 1 today
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Member Since: 11/14/2012
Other items listed by JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Hyakushotai Corp – Miyazaki Agricultural Production
- Fujiwara Industry Co., Ltd. – Wastewater Treatment and Tsunami Emergency Equipment
- 2020 Tokyo Olympics – Prime Minister Shinzo Abe’s plan to revive the world’s third-biggest economy
- Japan corporate capital investment topped $121 bil. in Q1 of this year: 7.4% up from last Q1
- Restored Japanese model C57 steam locomotive run again in Taiwan