- Listed: 01/30/2013 3:55 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
News Source: Honda Silicon Valley Lab (HSVL)
1/30/2013 2:00:00 PM
American Honda today announced it will integrate support for Siri, the intelligent assistant that helps you get things done just by asking, into its 2013 Honda Accord and Acura RDX and ILX models as a dealer installed option. Later this year, owners with a compatible iPhone1 running iOS 6 can direct Siri to perform a number of specific tasks while they safely keep their eyes on the road and their hands on the wheel. Using Eyes Free mode, Siri takes hands-free functionality even further and minimizes distractions even more by keeping your iOS device’s screen from lighting up.
“iPhone has become so integral to people’s lives that they continue to use them in their vehicles,” said Vicki Poponi, assistant vice president of automobile product planning, American Honda. “Offering Honda and Acura owners Siri and its Eyes Free mode via Bluetooth is an incredible opportunity to provide next-generation connectivity and meet our customer’s ever-changing needs.”
About Honda and Acura
Honda offers a diverse lineup of 12 cars and trucks including the mid-sized Accord, compact Civic, Pilot SUV, CR-V crossover SUV, Crosstour, Ridgeline and Odyssey minivan. Honda also offers a wide range of fuel-efficient and low-emission vehicles that include the Insight hybrid, Natural Gas Civic, Civic Hybrid, CR-Z (sport hybrid coupe) and FCX Clarity (fuel cell-electric vehicle). Honda began operations in the U.S. in 1959 with the establishment of American Honda Motor Co., Inc., Honda’s first overseas subsidiary. Honda began U.S. production of automobiles in 1982.
Honda recognizes the power of Siri and Eyes Free mode as an in-vehicle tool that will help meet the connectivity and convenience needs of its customers in a responsible manner. Honda has reengineered its software to seamlessly integrate Siri Eyes Free mode into its Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink® via the onboard microphone and speakers.
Top Ads Today
- Nikko Kanaya Hotel - Japan's Oldest Resort Hotel and Registered as Registered Tangible Cultural Properties (10 views)
- Nippon Poly-Glu Co., Ltd. - Provides Water Treatment Assistance (7 views)
- TOA Corporation - Manufacturing Premier Audio and Security Products (6 views)
- Acrorad Co., Ltd. - R&D and Manufacturing CdTe Detectors (6 views)
- Moritaka Hamono Inc. - Japanese Knife Manufacturing Company (6 views)
- Nagase & Co., Ltd. - Tokyo Head Office (6 views)
- Fuji Oil Co., Ltd. - Developing and Manufacturing the Food Ingredients (5 views)
- KOSÉ Corporation - Japanese Cosmetics, Skin Care and Hair Care Products (5 views)
- Kuken Kogyo Co., Ltd. - Leading manufacturer of cooling tower systems in Japan (5 views)
- AEON Co., Ltd. (5 views)