- Listed: 08/25/2013 6:49 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Inovation Salon: Growing Biotech Ties Between The Bay Area and Japan
Venue: UCSF Mission Bay Genentech Hall
Date: Wednesday, September 25, 2013
Time: 6:00 PM – 8:30 PM
When the best of Japanese creativity and American entrepreneurial skill join forces, unimagined business opportunities occur.
The Japan Society of Northern California is pleased to offer continuing programming that explores new dimensions of Japan – U.S. innovation and entrepreneurship. This “Innovation Salon” panel discussion will spotlight unique business opportunities and business models, arising from expansion of the UCSF Mission Bay complex – America’s center of biotech excellence – and reinforced by its very strong Japan ties.
- Haru Morita, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, REGIMMUNE Corporation, located in Santa Clara and Tokyo
- Mary Haak-Frendscho, Ph.D., Chief Executive Officer, Igenica, Inc.
- Dr. Robert Kneller, Professor, Research Center for Advanced Science and Technology (RCAST), University of Tokyo & Visiting Professor, Stanford Medical School.
- Network with the speakers, innovators and entrepreneurs. Wine and hors d’oeuvres provided by the Japan Society of Northern California.
Attendees will gain invaluable insights into:
- QB3′s unique strategy to encourage pure bioscience research and facilitate its entrepreneurial realization
- REGIMMUNE’s distinctive business model that combines activities in both Japan and the U.S.
- Dr. Haak-Fredscho’s perspective on U.S. – Japan biotech business and career opportunities, shaped by Igenica’s recent start-up and founding Takeda Pharmaceutical’s San Francisco research organization.
- $15 per person for Japan Society Members & Students with ID
- $20 per person for Non-members
- $25 per person for Walk-ins
UCSF Mission Bay Genentech Hall
600 16th Street, San Francisco, CA 94158 USA
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Member Since: 11/14/2012
Other items listed by JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Kono Seisakusho Co., Ltd. – Surgical Needles Manufacturer
- Kenki Co., Ltd. – Sludge Waste Dryer
- Exhibition TECHNO-FRONTIER 2013 July 17 – 19, 2013
- Maruya Hatcho Miso Co., Ltd. – Miso Manufacturer
- MIYAKI Co., Ltd. – Cleaning & Coating for Stone, Wood, Metal and FRP
Top Ads Today
- Morioka Seiko Instruments Inc. - Luxury Watch Manufacturer (19 views)
- KENKO Mayonnaise Co., Ltd. - Mayonnaise and Dressings Manufacture (19 views)
- Fukuoka Shipbuilding Co., Ltd. - Shipbuilding Company (17 views)
- KAWANOE ZOKI CO., LTD. - We produce 80% of toilet paper and tissue paper in Japan (14 views)
- Japanese brand road bike specializing in triathlon - CEEPO (13 views)
- Organic Potato Chips "Manna Chips" - Pure Seaweed & Salt to maximize its "UMAMI" (12 views)
- Nippon Poly-Glu Co., Ltd. - Provides Water Treatment Assistance (12 views)
- SAGA HIMAT - Heavy Ion Cancer Treatment Center (10 views)
- Mu Ltd. - Self-propelling capsule endoscopy "MiniMermaid" (8 views)
- Yuki Precision Co., Ltd. - Manufacturing of precision machined parts (8 views)