- Listed: 06/02/2014 1:16 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Japan capital investment up for 4th quarter
Date: Jun 2, 2014
Source: NHK World
Japanese companies are putting more money into equipment and machinery. Capital investments rose for the 4th straight quarter in the January-March period.
The Finance Ministry reported on Monday that corporate capital investment topped 121 billion dollars in the first 3 months of this year. That’s up 7.4 percent from the same period last year.
Investment by manufacturers rose 6.8 percent. Automakers raised their output capacity for new models, and beverage makers increased their production lines.
Investment by non-manufacturers rose 7.7 percent. Railway operators replaced older models with newer ones. Construction companies are building more and more new properties for the rental market.
The survey of more than 30,000 large companies also showed that sales increased by 5.6 percent for the 3rd consecutive quarter of year-on-year gains. Pretax profit was up for the 9th straight quarter, by 20.2 percent.
Finance Ministry officials say capital investment has grown faster than in previous quarters. They say this likely reflects moderate economic recovery and improvements in business conditions.
Top Ads Today
- Fukuoka Shipbuilding Co., Ltd. - Shipbuilding Company (50 views)
- Mu Ltd. - Self-propelling capsule endoscopy "MiniMermaid" (43 views)
- Acrorad Co., Ltd. - R&D and Manufacturing CdTe Detectors (38 views)
- Japanese lacquer tableware using the makie technique of Yamanaka lacquerware - Yoshita Kashou Studio (38 views)
- Nippon Poly-Glu Co., Ltd. - Provides Water Treatment Assistance (38 views)
- Japan's Smart Glasses Developer - WESTUNITIS CO., LTD. (36 views)
- Kyokuto Valve Mfg. Co. Ltd. - We have over 60 years experience producing the highest quality safety valves (32 views)
- Kyowa Giken - Pneumatic Pitching Machine "TOPGUN" (31 views)
- KOKUYO Co., Ltd. - Japanese stationery company founded in 1905 (21 views)
- Manufacturing Japanese Curry from 1926 - House Foods Group Inc. (19 views)