- Listed: 06/02/2014 1:16 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Japan capital investment up for 4th quarter
Date: Jun 2, 2014
Source: NHK World
Japanese companies are putting more money into equipment and machinery. Capital investments rose for the 4th straight quarter in the January-March period.
The Finance Ministry reported on Monday that corporate capital investment topped 121 billion dollars in the first 3 months of this year. That’s up 7.4 percent from the same period last year.
Investment by manufacturers rose 6.8 percent. Automakers raised their output capacity for new models, and beverage makers increased their production lines.
Investment by non-manufacturers rose 7.7 percent. Railway operators replaced older models with newer ones. Construction companies are building more and more new properties for the rental market.
The survey of more than 30,000 large companies also showed that sales increased by 5.6 percent for the 3rd consecutive quarter of year-on-year gains. Pretax profit was up for the 9th straight quarter, by 20.2 percent.
Finance Ministry officials say capital investment has grown faster than in previous quarters. They say this likely reflects moderate economic recovery and improvements in business conditions.
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Member Since: 11/14/2012
Other items listed by JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Japanese Stationery Maker Mitsubishi Pencil Half-Year Profit Climbs to Record $48.9 Mil
- 100 Japanese firms work together to produce nanocellulose from wood fibers
- Nagase & Co., Ltd. – Osaka Head Office
- Nittoh Sangyo Co., Ltd. – Manufacturing of tea canisters with 40% share in Japan
- Park Hotel Tokyo
Top Ads Today
- Specializes in Pigments, Nanotechnology and Photosensitizer Compounds - Fuji Pigment Co., Ltd. (33 views)
- Kimura Ohshido Co., Ltd. - Traditional Japanese Dolls Craft Shop since 1887 (22 views)
- Fukuoka Shipbuilding Co., Ltd. - Shipbuilding Company (18 views)
- Morioka Seiko Instruments Inc. - Luxury Watch Manufacturer (17 views)
- KENKO Mayonnaise Co., Ltd. - Mayonnaise and Dressings Manufacture (17 views)
- DMG Mori Seiki Co., Ltd. - Being the No.1 Machine Tools Company for Customers (17 views)
- Mu Ltd. - Self-propelling capsule endoscopy "MiniMermaid" (15 views)
- Acoma Medical Industry Co., Ltd. - Manufacturing medical devices, including artificial ventilators (15 views)
- Sato Seni Co., Ltd. - Yarn Spinning Manufacturer (15 views)
- Nippon Poly-Glu Co., Ltd. - Provides Water Treatment Assistance (14 views)