- Listed: 06/18/2014 11:01 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Japan helps China to recycle waste cooking oil
Date: Jun 18, 2014
Source: NHK World
Japan’s government is working with an environmental group in China to turn used cooking oil into soap in a bid to reduce water pollution.
The government gave a grant of around 100,000 dollars to the group for a project modeled on one at Lake Biwa in western Japan.
The group installed four processing machines in the cities of Beijing and Tianjin.
Media observed a demonstration of the process in the Tianjin economic and technical development zone on Wednesday.
Experts from Japan showed how to use the machine to heat waste oil. When caustic soda and water are added to the oil, soap is created.
A representative of the group says the project can raise public awareness about environmental protection in China.
A senior official from the Japanese Embassy in Beijing, Naomi Inoue, said the government will proceed with the project despite political difficulties between the 2 countries.
The disposal of cooking oil affects the environment and drinking water in China, where many households and restaurants dump untreated waste oil into sewers.
Top Ads Today
- FAIN-Biomedical Inc. - Comprehensive Endovascular Surgery Simulation (4 views)
- Nippon Poly-Glu Co., Ltd. - Provides Water Treatment Assistance (4 views)
- Aiya Co., Ltd. - We've been producing the organic matcha green tea since 1885 (4 views)
- Asahi Glass Co., Ltd. - Manufacturing of flat glass, automotive glass, display, and variety glass products (3 views)
- SHOEI CO., LTD - Touch Screen Panel Manufacturer (2 views)
- Japanese brand road bike specializing in triathlon - CEEPO (2 views)
- Honda Motor Co., Ltd. (2 views)
- Made in Japan clothing store - ROCOCO (2 views)
- Kimura Ohshido Co., Ltd. - Traditional Japanese Dolls Craft Shop since 1887 (2 views)
- Automotive technology, systems and components suppliers - DENSO (1 views)