- Listed: 07/10/2013 11:42 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
JMA to host a 3D printer exhibition in October 2013
3D Printer – A Dream Device that Allows Anyone to Be a Manufacturer
The market for 3D printers, which are devices that enable the creation of three-dimensional solid objects from design data, is expanding rapidly.
The scale of the global 3D printer-relatecl market is expected to expand by nearly five times over the next ten years from 2,204 billion dollars in 2012 to 1O.8 billion dollars in 2021 ( Wohlers Report 2012).
With their ability to produce objects with complicated shapes without wooden or metal molds, 3D printers are utilized to produce prototypes and components, as well as for other purposes, in a wide range of industries including automobile, aircraft, home appliance, medical care, and consumer goods.
The advent of low-cost 3D printers with a price tag of around 100,000 yen($1,000) has also expanded opportunities for individuals and small groups to fabricate furniture and other interior accessories, clothing, toys, and other products just like manufacturers do.
Against this backdrop, the Japan Management Association (JMA) will open a new exhibition called “Future of 3D Printers” to showcase 3D printing products and services as part of the Monodzukuri Next 2013 exhibition for manufacturers slated to be held at Tokyo Big Sight for three days from Wednesday, October 30 to Friday, November 1, 2013.
Major exhibits will include 3D printers, 3D modeling service and data production, 3D computer-aided design (CAD), 3D scanners, modeling materials, other modeling and processing technologies.
It is expected that about 11,000 people engaging in R&D, design, and product planning in the manufacturing industry will visit the exhibition.
Companies interested in taking part in the exhibition as an exhibitor are currently invited to apply. The application deadline is July 31, 2013.
Since 3D printers are expected to increasingly be utilized in the areas of medical care and housing/construction as well, JMA is also planning to display 3D printers at the HOSPEX Japan healthcare engineering exhibition and Japan Home & Building Show, two JMA-organized events scheduled to be held between Wednesday, October 23 and Friday, October 25, 2013.
For more information contact:
Japan Management Association
The secretariat of “Showcasing the Future of 3D Primers”
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Member Since: 11/14/2012
Other items listed by JAPAN PRODUCTS
- MEIHO Co., Ltd. – Molding Machine and Die Casting Machine
- Kyowakiden Industry Co., Ltd. – Water Treatment System & Recycling System
- Japan’s top information service firm, Recruit Holdings, applying to Tokyo Stock Exchange. It’ll be largest initial public offering this year
- Japanese Automaker Subaru Sees Record April-June Profit at $778.6 Million
- Kinugawa / Kawaji Onsen Tourist Association – Hot Spring in Tochigi Prefecture
Top Ads Today
- KOSÉ Corporation - Japanese Cosmetics, Skin Care and Hair Care Products (44 views)
- SAGA HIMAT - Heavy Ion Cancer Treatment Center (28 views)
- Sato Seni Co., Ltd. - Yarn Spinning Manufacturer (27 views)
- Nippon Poly-Glu Co., Ltd. - Provides Water Treatment Assistance (26 views)
- Fujiwara Industry Co., Ltd. - Wastewater Treatment and Tsunami Emergency Equipment (19 views)
- Mu Ltd. - Self-propelling capsule endoscopy "MiniMermaid" (13 views)
- TOHOKU KOGEI Co., Ltd. - Traditional Craftwork "Tamamushi Lacquerware" (13 views)
- ABI Co., Ltd. - Freezer machine for keeping tissue cells alive (12 views)
- Tsuneishi Shipbuilding Co., Ltd. - Offering shipbuilding service since 1917 (12 views)
- Dynax Corporation - Production of wet-type friction plates, reaction plates for vehicles and ships (10 views)