Mu Ltd. – Self-propelling capsule endoscopy “MiniMermaid”
- Company Name: Mu Ltd.
- State/Prefecture: Shiga Prefecture
- City/Town/Village: Otsu
- Street: Setaoecho
- Country: Japan
- Zip/Postal Code: 520-2123
- Phone: +81-77-543-7814
- Website: http://mu-frontier.com/
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Listed: 10/18/2016 8:34 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
MU Ltd. researches and develops mainly a control system of the self-propelling capsule endoscopy (“MiniMermaid” is a trademark of the SPCE) used for medical examination of the whole digestive tract without pain of patients.
The moving velocity and direction of MiniMermaid can be controlled remotely and freely using a joystick or an accelerator by magnetic force.
MU also develops multi-purpose swimming toys which swim in three-dimensional space in a small water tank with barriers.
The swimming toy system will be used as an amusement facility or a rehabilitation apparatus for patients in a hospital or old people in a nursing home.
If you are interested in SPCE or swimming toy system, please feel free to ask MU immediately.
Self-propelling capsule endoscopy “MiniMermaid”
- Investors to assist in obtaining medical license for MiniMermaid SPCE system.
- Supporting partners for practical use of MiniMermaid system.
- Developing partners for future progress.
- Manufacturing or sales partners for swimming toy system.
- Realization of endo-minirobot which can not only examine digestive tract without pain from inside of a human body but also conduct medical treatment such as drug delivery, biopsy or surgery.
- Evolution to automatic control of endo-minirobot with which patients can manage health care by themselves.
MiniMermaid Medical System
- Not only the small intestine but also the esophagus, stomach and colon can be examined at once.
- Painless and shameless examination can be achieved compared to conventional gastroscopy and colonoscopy.
- The time for examination of whole digestive tract can be shortened to several hours (aiming for within 1 hour finaly), while the time requires 3-4 days with the combination of conventional methods.
- A closer examination of disease site can be made in any direction by the examiner.
Swimming Toy System
- Enjoying themselves, patients or old people can exercise without noticing.
- Choosing a loving character of swimming toy and exchanging barriers in a water tank, users can enjoy them without getting tired of.
- Playing amusement, they can spend a good time with more purpose.
MiniMermaid Medical System
- Assessment of the stomach of a dog in 2009.
- Assessment of the stomach through per oral and the colon per-rectum approaches, respectively in a human in 2010.
- Assessment of the entire digestive tract of a human after a single procedure in 2011.
- Completion of prototype of the system to be used in a hospital in 2014.
Swimming Toy System
- Completion of prototype of the system in 2015.
- Development, manufacturing and sales of self propelling capsule endoscope and related products.
- Development, manufacturing and sales of goods/products related to life, health and education.
- Technical consultation.
- Technical education and training.
Micro-Machine for Medical Use
- Application of Self propelling capsule endoscope (fin type) to human : Press released on June, 2011
- Application of Self propelling capsule endoscope (fin type) to dog : Press released on July, 2009
- Self propelling capsule endoscope (rotating type)
REC Hall, Ryukoku University, 1-5 Yokotani, Seta Oe-cho, Ohtsu, Shiga 520-2123, Japan
3 Related articles of “Mu Ltd. – Self-propelling capsule endoscopy “MiniMermaid””
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Top Ads Today
- Kyoto Seisakusho Co., Ltd. - Manufacturing of packaging machines and processing machines (26 views)
- Japan Cell Co., Ltd. - Optical contact of adhesive free bonding process (22 views)
- We've been delivering Matcha, Gyokuro, Sencha and other Japanese tea since 1931 - Honjien Co., Ltd. (20 views)
- TSI Holdings Co., Ltd. - Offer more than 50 clothing brands for women (20 views)
- SHINKO IND. LTD. - Our Cargo Oil Pumps Occupies 85% of The Global Market (16 views)
- KITAGAWA Industries Co., Ltd. - Providing a variety of components for electronic industry (14 views)
- Nippon Poly-Glu Co., Ltd. - Provides Water Treatment Assistance (14 views)
- Yushi-Seihin Co., Ltd. - Oil & Fat Products supply and trading since 1947 (13 views)
- SENJO SEIKI Co., Ltd. - Automatic Chamfering and Deburring Machines (12 views)
- Daikin Industries, Ltd. - A leading Innovator of High-quality Air Conditioning Solutions (12 views)
Self-propelling capsule endoscopy developer, Mu Ltd., got the Grand Prix of Challenge Cup Osaka, and will attend at the Challenge Cup in NY on November
Challenge Cup Osaka in the regional elimination round was held at the Osaka Innovation Hub on the 26th and 27th of July. https://www.challengecup-japan.com/ The Challenge Cup is a pitch contest organized by UNION in that tournament from 75 cities in the world to find venture companies with a future prospects. https://www.1776.vc/ We have participated in the contest with 15 competitors including an Indonesian who have passed a document screening. As a result, our company was awarded the Grand Prix in the West Japan round and will be invited as one of two delegates of Japan to participate in the world contest to be held in New York on November.
Click here for more details.
Japanese researchers claim invention of endoscope capsule
Date: June 21, 2011
Source: Nicolas Ito, CNN
Tokyo (CNN) — Japanese researchers have re-written the meaning of “it’s a hard pill to swallow.”
A research team from western Japan announced it has invented the world’s first self-propelled, remote-controlled capsule endoscope. The tiny capsule, measuring 1 centimeter in diameter and 4.5 centimeters in length, successfully captured images inside a human stomach and colon, say researchers from Ryukoku University and Osaka Medical College.
The blue and clear device looks like a large pill with a fin-like driving apparatus. Patients either swallow the capsule or have it inserted rectally.
The research team says the endoscope’s movement is powered by a small battery and an electromagnet, which also drives the fin. More precise movement is generated outside the body by a joystick which is maneuvered by a researcher.
Continue reading »
What Kind of Capsule Endoscope Is Suitable for a Controllable Self-Propelling Capsule Endoscope? Experimental Study Using a Porcine Stomach Model for Clinical Application (with Videos)
Date: October 8, 2015
We have been developing the Self-Propelling Capsule Endoscope (SPCE) that allows for controllability from outside of the body and real-time observation. What kind of capsule endoscope (CE) is suitable for a controllable SPCE is unclear and a very critical point for clinical application. We compared observing ability of three kinds of SPCEs with different viewing angles and frame rates.
Continue reading »