- Company Name: National Museum of Modern Art
- State/Prefecture: Tokyo Prefecture
- City/Town/Village: Chiyoda-ku
- Street: 3-1 Kitanomaru-koen
- Country: Japan
- Zip/Postal Code: 102-8322
- Website: http://www.momat.go.jp/english/
- Listed: 02/13/2018 3:53 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
The National Museum of Modern Art, Tokyo consists of the main building and the Crafts Gallery in Kitanomaru Park near the Imperial Palace, and the National Film Center in Kyobashi near Ginza. It strives to heighten public interest in modern art.
The exterior of The National Museum of Modern Art, Tokyo
It opened in 1952 as the first national art museum in Kyobashi, Chuo Ward. As a long-awaited permanent exhibition facility for contemporary art, the museum started its activities in the former headquarters of Nikkatsu Corporation refurbished by architect MAEKAWA Kunio. The National Museum of Modern Art, Tokyo holds the “MOMAT Collection,” in which about 200 works from its collection of more than 13,000 works are displayed with English explanations during each of the exhibition periods. Audio guide in English, Chinese and Korean is also available.
“Room With A View,” an observation lounge of the Art Museum, commands a panoramic view of the nature-rich Imperial Palace and skyscrapers.
Address: 3-1 Kitanomaru-koen, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-8322
The exterior of The Crafts Gallery,The National Museum of Modern Art, Tokyo
The Crafts Gallery opened in 1977 as an annex to the museum showing modern crafts and design including ceramics, glasswork, lacquerware, woodwork, bamboowork, textiles, doll, metalwork, industrial design and graphic design.
Address: 1-1 Kitanomaru-koen, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-0091
National Film Center
In 1970 the National Film Center opened in the building in Kyobashi, which was entirely rebuilt in 1995. The National Film Center is dedicated to the collection, preservation and restoration of films and related materials as the cultural heritage and historical materials.
Address: 3-7-6 Kyobashi, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 104-0031
Find hotels around The National Museum of Modern Art
Top Ads Today
- World Co., Ltd. - Japan's leading clothing company with nearly 100 brands (10 views)
- Nippon Poly-Glu Co., Ltd. - Provides Water Treatment Assistance (10 views)
- First produced Japanese whiskey in 1937 - Suntory Holdings Limited (8 views)
- Fukuoka Shipbuilding Co., Ltd. - Shipbuilding Company (7 views)
- Fuji Electric Co., Ltd. - Japan's leading electrical equipment manufacturer (7 views)
- Japanese brand road bike specializing in triathlon - CEEPO (6 views)
- ABI Co., Ltd. - Freezer machine for keeping tissue cells alive (6 views)
- Aoyama Trading Co., Ltd. - Japanese Clothing Company with Guinness World Records for Suit Sales (6 views)
- Mary Chocolate Co., Ltd. made Japanese style Valentine's Day (5 views)
- Japan's largest wholesaler of aftermarket parts for motorcycle and automobile - Okada Corporation (5 views)