- Company Name: Ecoasu Umajimura Co.,Ltd.
- State/Prefecture: Kochi
- City/Town/Village: Aki-gun
- Street: Umaji
- Country: Japan
- Zip/Postal Code: 781-6201
- Japan Office: Kochi
- Website: http://www.monacca.net
- Listed: 12/30/2012 12:27 am
- Expires: 318 days, 21 hours
“MONACCA” is brand name for products made of thinned Japanese cedar in Umaji Village, Kochi Prefecture in Japan.
The Cedar is the most popular tree in Japan and has been widely used as building materials since the 1940′s governmental forestation project. Umaji Village was one of the many places of forestation and their traditional “Yanase” cedars were planted.
In order to obtain good quality timber the maintenance of forests is absolutely necessary. If the forest is too dense, the trees growth will be stunted due to the lack of sun-light and forest resources will be damaged. To avoid this, it is necessary to thin the forest regularly. As a result of three thinning a lot of this wood used to be left in the forest. However, the quality of these woods is good as well.
Umaji Village took another look at this matter from an ecological viewpoint and established ECOASU UMAJIMURA CO., LTD. in order to carry out a reuse project exploring the feasibility of cedar wood.
Company Profile: Ecoasu Umajimura Co., Ltd.
Products: Item Lists
Monacca Shop: Overseas Lists
3358 total views, 2 today
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Member Since: 11/14/2012
Other items listed by JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Nakashima Propeller Co., Ltd. – Ship Propeller Manufacturer
- Hanaharu Shuzou Co., Ltd. – We Brew Sake in Aizuwakamatsu for 300 Years
- Sumita Optical Glass, Inc. – Optical Glass Manufacturing and R&D
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries Delivered Subway Cars to Washington DC
- RUMI JAPAN – Seafood Processing Industry and Wholesaler