- Company Name: Ecoasu Umajimura Co.,Ltd.
- State/Prefecture: Kochi
- City/Town/Village: Aki-gun
- Street: Umaji
- Country: Japan
- Zip/Postal Code: 781-6201
- Website: http://www.monacca.net
- Listed: 12/30/2012 12:27 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
“MONACCA” is brand name for products made of thinned Japanese cedar in Umaji Village, Kochi Prefecture in Japan.
The Cedar is the most popular tree in Japan and has been widely used as building materials since the 1940′s governmental forestation project. Umaji Village was one of the many places of forestation and their traditional “Yanase” cedars were planted.
In order to obtain good quality timber the maintenance of forests is absolutely necessary. If the forest is too dense, the trees growth will be stunted due to the lack of sun-light and forest resources will be damaged. To avoid this, it is necessary to thin the forest regularly. As a result of three thinning a lot of this wood used to be left in the forest. However, the quality of these woods is good as well.
Umaji Village took another look at this matter from an ecological viewpoint and established ECOASU UMAJIMURA CO., LTD. in order to carry out a reuse project exploring the feasibility of cedar wood.
Company Profile: Ecoasu Umajimura Co., Ltd.
Products: Item Lists
Monacca Shop: Overseas Lists
Top Ads Today
- First produced Japanese whiskey in 1937 - Suntory Holdings Limited (137 views)
- Japan's leading sporting goods manufacturer - ASICS Corporation (82 views)
- Travel Information for Foreigner - Japan National Tourism Organization (JNTO) (77 views)
- Japanese Chef Knives - Kamikoto (74 views)
- Manufacturing Japanese Curry from 1926 - House Foods Group Inc. (67 views)
- ABI Co., Ltd. - Freezer machine for keeping tissue cells alive (55 views)
- Japanese brand road bike specializing in triathlon - CEEPO (54 views)
- Nippon Poly-Glu Co., Ltd. - Provides Water Treatment Assistance (39 views)
- Fukuoka Shipbuilding Co., Ltd. - Shipbuilding Company (25 views)
- Japan's Smart Glasses Developer - WESTUNITIS CO., LTD. (25 views)