- Listed: 07/20/2014 12:20 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Vaio to debut first post-Sony laptop in fiscal 2014
Date: Jul 19, 2014
TOKYO — Japan’s Vaio will roll out a top-of-the-line laptop by fiscal year’s end, says President Takayuki Sekitori.
The notebook will “aim to be thin and light, foregoing unnecessary functions,” Sekitori told The Nikkei Friday. It is slated to be the first independently developed product since Vaio was spun off from Sony and will feature elements characteristic of the Vaio brand.
Vaio will subcontract out production to keep costs down, but plans to ship all devices to its facility in Nagano Prefecture for quality verification. In light of quality control problems the business once encountered under Sony, Sekitori stressed that “lowering quality risk is more important than shipping costs.”
In 2015, the company plans to offer at least four types of products, adding new offerings to the two models from the brand’s pre-spin-off days that are currently available.
Top Ads Today
- Nippon Poly-Glu Co., Ltd. - Provides Water Treatment Assistance (8 views)
- Dietary supplement "Spirulina" and "Organic Germanium" - Japan Algae Co., Ltd. (6 views)
- Japanese brand road bike specializing in triathlon - CEEPO (6 views)
- Mary Chocolate Co., Ltd. made Japanese style Valentine's Day (6 views)
- United Arrows Ltd. - Producing popular Japanese clothing brands (5 views)
- TOTO Ltd. - World's largest toilet manufacturer (5 views)
- Kyowa Giken - Pneumatic Pitching Machine "TOPGUN" (5 views)
- Fukuoka Shipbuilding Co., Ltd. - Shipbuilding Company (5 views)
- Kyoto Seisakusho Co., Ltd. - Manufacturing of packaging machines and processing machines (4 views)
- SHINKO IND. LTD. - Our Cargo Oil Pumps Occupies 85% of The Global Market (4 views)