- Listed: 07/20/2014 12:20 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Vaio to debut first post-Sony laptop in fiscal 2014
Date: Jul 19, 2014
TOKYO — Japan’s Vaio will roll out a top-of-the-line laptop by fiscal year’s end, says President Takayuki Sekitori.
The notebook will “aim to be thin and light, foregoing unnecessary functions,” Sekitori told The Nikkei Friday. It is slated to be the first independently developed product since Vaio was spun off from Sony and will feature elements characteristic of the Vaio brand.
Vaio will subcontract out production to keep costs down, but plans to ship all devices to its facility in Nagano Prefecture for quality verification. In light of quality control problems the business once encountered under Sony, Sekitori stressed that “lowering quality risk is more important than shipping costs.”
In 2015, the company plans to offer at least four types of products, adding new offerings to the two models from the brand’s pre-spin-off days that are currently available.
Top Ads Today
- First produced Japanese whiskey in 1937 - Suntory Holdings Limited (104 views)
- Japan's leading sporting goods manufacturer - ASICS Corporation (73 views)
- Japanese brand road bike specializing in triathlon - CEEPO (67 views)
- Travel Information for Foreigner - Japan National Tourism Organization (JNTO) (64 views)
- Manufacturing Japanese Curry from 1926 - House Foods Group Inc. (58 views)
- Japanese Chef Knives - Kamikoto (57 views)
- Fukuoka Shipbuilding Co., Ltd. - Shipbuilding Company (46 views)
- Japan's Smart Glasses Developer - WESTUNITIS CO., LTD. (40 views)
- Kyokuto Valve Mfg. Co. Ltd. - We have over 60 years experience producing the highest quality safety valves (38 views)
- Takasago International Corporation - Develops flavors and fragrance for 80 years (35 views)