- Listed: 07/20/2014 12:20 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Vaio to debut first post-Sony laptop in fiscal 2014
Date: Jul 19, 2014
TOKYO — Japan’s Vaio will roll out a top-of-the-line laptop by fiscal year’s end, says President Takayuki Sekitori.
The notebook will “aim to be thin and light, foregoing unnecessary functions,” Sekitori told The Nikkei Friday. It is slated to be the first independently developed product since Vaio was spun off from Sony and will feature elements characteristic of the Vaio brand.
Vaio will subcontract out production to keep costs down, but plans to ship all devices to its facility in Nagano Prefecture for quality verification. In light of quality control problems the business once encountered under Sony, Sekitori stressed that “lowering quality risk is more important than shipping costs.”
In 2015, the company plans to offer at least four types of products, adding new offerings to the two models from the brand’s pre-spin-off days that are currently available.
Top Ads Today
- Japanese lacquer tableware using the makie technique of Yamanaka lacquerware - Yoshita Kashou Studio (3 views)
- Nippon Menard Cosmetic Co., Ltd. (3 views)
- Fujico Co., Ltd. - Metal Surface Treatment Service for 60 Years (2 views)
- Japan's First AI Chatbot for Travel - Bespoke Inc. (2 views)
- Shimamura Co., Ltd. - 2nd largest clothing company in Japan and ranked 10th in the world in 2017 (2 views)
- World Co., Ltd. - Japan's leading clothing company with nearly 100 brands (2 views)
- United Arrows Ltd. - Producing popular Japanese clothing brands (1 views)
- Hakusuisha Nyugyo Co., Ltd. - Milk and dairy products manufacturer (1 views)
- Terra Drone Corporation - Commercial drone service focused on surveying and inspection (1 views)
- Kotodo Takahashi Corporation - Handcrafting Tea Canisters for Over 90 Years (1 views)