- Listed: 07/20/2014 12:20 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Vaio to debut first post-Sony laptop in fiscal 2014
Date: Jul 19, 2014
TOKYO — Japan’s Vaio will roll out a top-of-the-line laptop by fiscal year’s end, says President Takayuki Sekitori.
The notebook will “aim to be thin and light, foregoing unnecessary functions,” Sekitori told The Nikkei Friday. It is slated to be the first independently developed product since Vaio was spun off from Sony and will feature elements characteristic of the Vaio brand.
Vaio will subcontract out production to keep costs down, but plans to ship all devices to its facility in Nagano Prefecture for quality verification. In light of quality control problems the business once encountered under Sony, Sekitori stressed that “lowering quality risk is more important than shipping costs.”
In 2015, the company plans to offer at least four types of products, adding new offerings to the two models from the brand’s pre-spin-off days that are currently available.
Top Ads Today
- FAIN-Biomedical Inc. - Comprehensive Endovascular Surgery Simulation (4 views)
- Nippon Poly-Glu Co., Ltd. - Provides Water Treatment Assistance (4 views)
- Aiya Co., Ltd. - We've been producing the organic matcha green tea since 1885 (4 views)
- Asahi Glass Co., Ltd. - Manufacturing of flat glass, automotive glass, display, and variety glass products (3 views)
- SHOEI CO., LTD - Touch Screen Panel Manufacturer (2 views)
- Japanese brand road bike specializing in triathlon - CEEPO (2 views)
- Kimura Ohshido Co., Ltd. - Traditional Japanese Dolls Craft Shop since 1887 (2 views)
- Made in Japan clothing store - ROCOCO (2 views)
- Nippura Co., Ltd. - Aquarium Manufacturer (2 views)
- Honda Motor Co., Ltd. (2 views)