- Listed: 07/20/2014 12:20 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Vaio to debut first post-Sony laptop in fiscal 2014
Date: Jul 19, 2014
TOKYO — Japan’s Vaio will roll out a top-of-the-line laptop by fiscal year’s end, says President Takayuki Sekitori.
The notebook will “aim to be thin and light, foregoing unnecessary functions,” Sekitori told The Nikkei Friday. It is slated to be the first independently developed product since Vaio was spun off from Sony and will feature elements characteristic of the Vaio brand.
Vaio will subcontract out production to keep costs down, but plans to ship all devices to its facility in Nagano Prefecture for quality verification. In light of quality control problems the business once encountered under Sony, Sekitori stressed that “lowering quality risk is more important than shipping costs.”
In 2015, the company plans to offer at least four types of products, adding new offerings to the two models from the brand’s pre-spin-off days that are currently available.
2867 total views, 1 today
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Member Since: 11/14/2012
Other items listed by JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Two Japanese firms to use captured CO2 emissions to boost oil production in US
- 22nd 3D & Virtual Reality Expo (IVR)
- ABI Co., Ltd. – Freezer machine for keeping tissue cells alive
- Kyushu Nanotec Optics Co., Ltd. – Manufacturing of Liquid Crystal Film
- Honda Silicon Valley Lab launches HSVL Vehicle API for Evernote Devcup