- Listed: 01/19/2013 10:49 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Only in Japan: a smartphone-controlled toilet
Written by: Matthew Humphries
If you’ve ever been to Japan you probably used one or more of their advanced toilets. I say advanced, as the toilets I use still have a manual seat and a single flush mechanisms operated with your hand. However, in Japan, you’re more likely to be presented with a control panel mounted next to the toilet and a number of the common tasks, e.g. lifting the seat, flushing, will be automated.
Japanese toilet company Lixil is taking things a step further though, and removing the need to ever touch the toilet or its controls other than when you want to sit down. How is that possible? Through the use of a smartphone.
As the video above shows, Lixil’s new Satis toilets include the ability to receive commands via Bluetooth. So you can download the accompanying app on to your phone and use it to lift the seat, flush the toilet, select music to play, or carry out some additional cleaning tasks after you’ve done your business. It’s even possible to maintain a toilet diary so you can keep track of your usage and how that impacts your water and electricity bills. Not much I am guessing.
Please check the Bathroom products
Top Ads Today
- Nippon Poly-Glu Co., Ltd. - Provides Water Treatment Assistance (10 views)
- ShinMaywa Industries, Ltd. - Aircraft, Special Purpose Truck, Fluid, Parking Systems, and Industrial Machinery Systems (9 views)
- Fukuoka Shipbuilding Co., Ltd. - Shipbuilding Company (8 views)
- Kenic System, Ltd. - Develop and Manufacturing LCD Controller IC (5 views)
- Nihon Dento Kougyo Co., Ltd. - Leading Company for Electroplating in Japan (5 views)
- Japan's Smart Glasses Developer - WESTUNITIS CO., LTD. (5 views)
- Chubu Electric Power Co., Inc. - Japanese Electric Utilities Provider (4 views)
- Ezaki Glico Co., Ltd. is No.1 confectionery manufacturer in Japan (4 views)
- Kyowa Giken - Pneumatic Pitching Machine "TOPGUN" (4 views)
- Japanese brand road bike specializing in triathlon - CEEPO (4 views)