- Listed: 05/29/2014 9:54 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Record rise for summer bonuses this year
Date: May 29, 2014
Source: NHK World
Many big companies in Japan will hand out bigger employee bonuses this summer, thanks to a recovery in their business. The Japan Business Federation conducts an annual survey on bonus payments by major companies listed on the first section of Tokyo Stock Exchange.
74 companies have responded so far this year. Their bonus per worker averages about 8,800 dollars. That’s a jump of 8.8 percent in yen terms from a year ago. It’s the biggest year-on-year increase since comparable data became available in 1981.
Breakdowns by industry show that payments by automakers will mark a record surge of 16.7 percent, as the weaker yen has improved their results. Bonus payments are up 7.9 percent at textile firms, and 6.5 percent at electronics makers.
Federation officials say many other companies that have not yet responded are likely to offer bigger bonuses this summer.
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Member Since: 11/14/2012
Other items listed by JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Wine & Gourmet Japan 2014 in Tokyo, Apr 2nd – 4th
- The 43rd Tokyo Motor Show on Nov 22 – Dec 1, 2013
- Japan Automobile Manufacturers Association (JAMA)
- PHITEN Co., Ltd. – Developing Unique Wellness Technologies and Products for Your Life
- Kenki Co., Ltd. – Sludge Waste Dryer
Top Ads Today
- Nippura Co., Ltd. - Aquarium Manufacturer (10 views)
- SHINKO IND. LTD. - Our Cargo Oil Pumps Occupies 85% of The Global Market (6 views)
- Barasu: "To Expose" - Honda Super Cub 50 Standard Model motorcycle (6 views)
- Mazda Motor Corporation (5 views)
- First produced Japanese whiskey in 1937 - Suntory Holdings Limited (5 views)
- ABI Co., Ltd. - Freezer machine for keeping tissue cells alive (5 views)
- Japan's leading sporting goods manufacturer - ASICS Corporation (4 views)
- Shizuoka Chatsutei Inc. - Manufacturing green tea for over 100 years (4 views)
- NSK Ltd. - NSK Produced the First Ball Bearings Made in Japan (4 views)
- Boston Club Co., Ltd - Designer Eyeglasses (4 views)