- Listed: 05/29/2014 9:54 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Record rise for summer bonuses this year
Date: May 29, 2014
Source: NHK World
Many big companies in Japan will hand out bigger employee bonuses this summer, thanks to a recovery in their business. The Japan Business Federation conducts an annual survey on bonus payments by major companies listed on the first section of Tokyo Stock Exchange.
74 companies have responded so far this year. Their bonus per worker averages about 8,800 dollars. That’s a jump of 8.8 percent in yen terms from a year ago. It’s the biggest year-on-year increase since comparable data became available in 1981.
Breakdowns by industry show that payments by automakers will mark a record surge of 16.7 percent, as the weaker yen has improved their results. Bonus payments are up 7.9 percent at textile firms, and 6.5 percent at electronics makers.
Federation officials say many other companies that have not yet responded are likely to offer bigger bonuses this summer.
Top Ads Today
- Travel Information for Foreigner - Japan National Tourism Organization (JNTO) (14 views)
- First produced Japanese whiskey in 1937 - Suntory Holdings Limited (10 views)
- Nippon Poly-Glu Co., Ltd. - Provides Water Treatment Assistance (9 views)
- Manufacturing Food Processing and Automation Machine - Nikko Co., Ltd. (7 views)
- Nippura Co., Ltd. - Aquarium Manufacturer (7 views)
- Japan's leading sporting goods manufacturer - ASICS Corporation (5 views)
- Manufacturing Japanese Curry from 1926 - House Foods Group Inc. (5 views)
- Ishikawa Wire Netting Co., Ltd. - Precision Sheet Metal & Wire Mesh (5 views)
- Japanese Chef Knives - Kamikoto (5 views)
- MIYAKI Co., Ltd. - Cleaning & Coating for Stone, Wood, Metal and FRP (5 views)