- Listed: 05/29/2014 9:54 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Record rise for summer bonuses this year
Date: May 29, 2014
Source: NHK World
Many big companies in Japan will hand out bigger employee bonuses this summer, thanks to a recovery in their business. The Japan Business Federation conducts an annual survey on bonus payments by major companies listed on the first section of Tokyo Stock Exchange.
74 companies have responded so far this year. Their bonus per worker averages about 8,800 dollars. That’s a jump of 8.8 percent in yen terms from a year ago. It’s the biggest year-on-year increase since comparable data became available in 1981.
Breakdowns by industry show that payments by automakers will mark a record surge of 16.7 percent, as the weaker yen has improved their results. Bonus payments are up 7.9 percent at textile firms, and 6.5 percent at electronics makers.
Federation officials say many other companies that have not yet responded are likely to offer bigger bonuses this summer.
Top Ads Today
- Nippon Poly-Glu Co., Ltd. - Provides Water Treatment Assistance (64 views)
- Fukuoka Shipbuilding Co., Ltd. - Shipbuilding Company (47 views)
- Japan's Smart Glasses Developer - WESTUNITIS CO., LTD. (45 views)
- Kyokuto Valve Mfg. Co. Ltd. - We have over 60 years experience producing the highest quality safety valves (42 views)
- Japanese brand road bike specializing in triathlon - CEEPO (41 views)
- Travel Information for Foreigner - Japan National Tourism Organization (JNTO) (40 views)
- Kimura Ohshido Co., Ltd. - Traditional Japanese Dolls Craft Shop since 1887 (38 views)
- First produced Japanese whiskey in 1937 - Suntory Holdings Limited (36 views)
- Isetan Mitsukoshi Holdings Ltd. - Japan’s largest department store group (34 views)
- Kyowa Giken - Pneumatic Pitching Machine "TOPGUN" (33 views)