- Listed: 05/29/2014 9:54 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Record rise for summer bonuses this year
Date: May 29, 2014
Source: NHK World
Many big companies in Japan will hand out bigger employee bonuses this summer, thanks to a recovery in their business. The Japan Business Federation conducts an annual survey on bonus payments by major companies listed on the first section of Tokyo Stock Exchange.
74 companies have responded so far this year. Their bonus per worker averages about 8,800 dollars. That’s a jump of 8.8 percent in yen terms from a year ago. It’s the biggest year-on-year increase since comparable data became available in 1981.
Breakdowns by industry show that payments by automakers will mark a record surge of 16.7 percent, as the weaker yen has improved their results. Bonus payments are up 7.9 percent at textile firms, and 6.5 percent at electronics makers.
Federation officials say many other companies that have not yet responded are likely to offer bigger bonuses this summer.
Top Ads Today
- Fukuoka Shipbuilding Co., Ltd. - Shipbuilding Company (33 views)
- Nippon Poly-Glu Co., Ltd. - Provides Water Treatment Assistance (29 views)
- Acrorad Co., Ltd. - R&D and Manufacturing CdTe Detectors (28 views)
- SATSUMA SHUZO CO., LTD. - Shochu Manufacturer (27 views)
- Mu Ltd. - Self-propelling capsule endoscopy "MiniMermaid" (24 views)
- Japanese lacquer tableware using the makie technique of Yamanaka lacquerware - Yoshita Kashou Studio (23 views)
- Sumitomo Forestry Co., Ltd. - Comprehensive housing and wood products corporation (21 views)
- Mary Chocolate Co., Ltd. made Japanese style Valentine's Day (19 views)
- Kenic System, Ltd. - Develop and Manufacturing LCD Controller IC (18 views)
- Japanese hair care product "Botanist" is brought great response in the world (17 views)