- Listed: 05/29/2014 9:54 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Record rise for summer bonuses this year
Date: May 29, 2014
Source: NHK World
Many big companies in Japan will hand out bigger employee bonuses this summer, thanks to a recovery in their business. The Japan Business Federation conducts an annual survey on bonus payments by major companies listed on the first section of Tokyo Stock Exchange.
74 companies have responded so far this year. Their bonus per worker averages about 8,800 dollars. That’s a jump of 8.8 percent in yen terms from a year ago. It’s the biggest year-on-year increase since comparable data became available in 1981.
Breakdowns by industry show that payments by automakers will mark a record surge of 16.7 percent, as the weaker yen has improved their results. Bonus payments are up 7.9 percent at textile firms, and 6.5 percent at electronics makers.
Federation officials say many other companies that have not yet responded are likely to offer bigger bonuses this summer.
1677 total views, 5 today
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Member Since: 11/14/2012
Other items listed by JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Japanese government will provide hybrid vehicles worth Rs 490 million to Pakistan
- KOYOH Co., LTD. – Eco-Bio Block Creates Clear Water by Natto (Fermented Soybean) Bacillus
- Sumita Optical Glass, Inc. – Optical Glass Manufacturing and R&D
- ISHIBASHI Manufacturing Co., Ltd. – Manufacturing of Precision Gearbox and Wind Gearbox
- Hitachi High-Tech and Air Water Inc., establish joint venture for LNG transport tank container business in Vancouver