- Listed: 05/29/2014 9:54 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Record rise for summer bonuses this year
Date: May 29, 2014
Source: NHK World
Many big companies in Japan will hand out bigger employee bonuses this summer, thanks to a recovery in their business. The Japan Business Federation conducts an annual survey on bonus payments by major companies listed on the first section of Tokyo Stock Exchange.
74 companies have responded so far this year. Their bonus per worker averages about 8,800 dollars. That’s a jump of 8.8 percent in yen terms from a year ago. It’s the biggest year-on-year increase since comparable data became available in 1981.
Breakdowns by industry show that payments by automakers will mark a record surge of 16.7 percent, as the weaker yen has improved their results. Bonus payments are up 7.9 percent at textile firms, and 6.5 percent at electronics makers.
Federation officials say many other companies that have not yet responded are likely to offer bigger bonuses this summer.
Top Ads Today
- Travel Information for Foreigner - Japan National Tourism Organization (JNTO) (18 views)
- Edamame Mix - Steamed Organic Beans Products. Good for Vegan too! (8 views)
- Calbee, Inc. (4 views)
- FANCL Corporation - Preservative-free Skin Care Products (4 views)
- Japan's leading sporting goods manufacturer - ASICS Corporation (4 views)
- Black Watermelon "Densuke" was sold $3,200 in the year's first watermelon auction (4 views)
- Japan's Smart Glasses Developer - WESTUNITIS CO., LTD. (4 views)
- Central Japan Railway Company (JR Central) (3 views)
- Nippon Menard Cosmetic Co., Ltd. (3 views)
- Ci:z Holdings Co., Ltd. - Providing Health and Beauty Inspired by Medical Expertise (3 views)