Japan to deliver talking robot “KIROBO” into space with astronaut Koichi Wakata
- Listed: 06/26/2013 11:31 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Japanese robot: ISS mission one ‘big stride’ for androids
Date: June 27, 2013
Source: The Japan Times
A talking robot that will accompany a Japanese astronaut in space this summer says the cosmic tour will be one giant leap for androids everywhere.
In a scene straight out of “Star Wars,” the pint-sized Kirobo fielded questions from curious journalists who asked what it was going to do in space.
“This may look (like) a small step, but it will be a big stride as a robot,” the black-and-white humanoid robot outfitted with bright red boots told a press briefing in Tokyo.
Its creators said they were sending the robot into space to act as a chatting partner for astronaut Koichi Wakata, who is set to arrive at the International Space Station later this year.
Kirobo is to arrive in August in what its handlers say is the first visit for a robot at the space station. Wakata will also be the first Japanese astronaut to command the ISS.
Official Site: KIBO Robot Project
Please check the Industrial Robots
Top Ads Today
- TSI Holdings Co., Ltd. - Offer more than 50 clothing brands for women (56 views)
- Nippon Poly-Glu Co., Ltd. - Provides Water Treatment Assistance (34 views)
- Taisei Plas Co., Ltd. - Manufacturing of blow molding products for automobile (32 views)
- SENJO SEIKI Co., Ltd. - Automatic Chamfering and Deburring Machines (21 views)
- Mihama Corporation - Sales of refrigerants, air conditioning, chemicals, water treatment and energy products (20 views)
- Kyoto Seisakusho Co., Ltd. - Manufacturing of packaging machines and processing machines (19 views)
- Plan designed by Japanese architect in the development projects of Paris was adopted (19 views)
- Tohoku Electronic Industrial (TEI) Co., Ltd. - Testing Equipment Manufacturer (19 views)
- OHKI Co., Ltd. - We are a leading manufacturer of filter bags for tea and coffee (15 views)
- World Co., Ltd. - Japan's leading clothing company with nearly 100 brands (13 views)