- Listed: 05/29/2014 9:54 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Record rise for summer bonuses this year
Date: May 29, 2014
Source: NHK World
Many big companies in Japan will hand out bigger employee bonuses this summer, thanks to a recovery in their business. The Japan Business Federation conducts an annual survey on bonus payments by major companies listed on the first section of Tokyo Stock Exchange.
74 companies have responded so far this year. Their bonus per worker averages about 8,800 dollars. That’s a jump of 8.8 percent in yen terms from a year ago. It’s the biggest year-on-year increase since comparable data became available in 1981.
Breakdowns by industry show that payments by automakers will mark a record surge of 16.7 percent, as the weaker yen has improved their results. Bonus payments are up 7.9 percent at textile firms, and 6.5 percent at electronics makers.
Federation officials say many other companies that have not yet responded are likely to offer bigger bonuses this summer.
Top Ads Today
- Japan Cell Co., Ltd. - Optical contact of adhesive free bonding process (166 views)
- Plan designed by Japanese architect in the development projects of Paris was adopted (63 views)
- SHINKO IND. LTD. - Our Cargo Oil Pumps Occupies 85% of The Global Market (55 views)
- JFOODO - To Expand Japanese Food Products and Food Culture to Overseas (50 views)
- Tohoku Electronic Industrial (TEI) Co., Ltd. - Testing Equipment Manufacturer (43 views)
- TSI Holdings Co., Ltd. - Offer more than 50 clothing brands for women (36 views)
- World Co., Ltd. - Japan's leading clothing company with nearly 100 brands (34 views)
- Kyoto Seisakusho Co., Ltd. - Manufacturing of packaging machines and processing machines (33 views)
- SENJO SEIKI Co., Ltd. - Automatic Chamfering and Deburring Machines (31 views)
- TSUKUBASEIKO Co,.Ltd. - Electrostatic Clamping Systems (26 views)