- Listed: 06/28/2014 5:38 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
World Bank Kim optimistic about Abe’s “3rd arrow”
Date: Jun 29, 2014
Source: Jiji Press
WASHINGTON (Jiji Press)—World Bank President Jim Yong Kim has voiced optimism about the Japanese government’s growth strategy, which is the “third arrow” of Prime Minister Shinzo Abe’s three-pillar economic policy package called Abenomics.
Abe’s commitment to tackling “rock hard regulations” related to employment, agriculture and healthcare is a “very encouraging sign,” Kim said Friday in an interview with media organizations, including Jiji Press. “And so, we remain optimistic that he will be able to deliver on that third arrow,” Kim said, pinning high hopes on the growth strategy, which was updated on Tuesday.
Kim also said consumer spending in Japan will regain strength by around September after weakening due to the consumption tax hike to 8 percent from 5 percent in April. “We remain optimistic that the Japanese economy will continue to recover,” he observed.
Top Ads Today
- First produced Japanese whiskey in 1937 - Suntory Holdings Limited (50 views)
- Japan's leading sporting goods manufacturer - ASICS Corporation (36 views)
- Nikko Kanaya Hotel - Japan's Oldest Resort Hotel and Registered as Registered Tangible Cultural Properties (35 views)
- Travel Information for Foreigner - Japan National Tourism Organization (JNTO) (30 views)
- Japan's Smart Glasses Developer - WESTUNITIS CO., LTD. (28 views)
- Japanese brand road bike specializing in triathlon - CEEPO (25 views)
- Japanese Chef Knives - Kamikoto (25 views)
- Kyokuto Valve Mfg. Co. Ltd. - We have over 60 years experience producing the highest quality safety valves (24 views)
- Steamed Bean Snack - Steamed Organic Beans Products. Good for Vegan too! (23 views)
- Manufacturing Japanese Curry from 1926 - House Foods Group Inc. (23 views)