- Listed: 06/28/2014 5:38 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
World Bank Kim optimistic about Abe’s “3rd arrow”
Date: Jun 29, 2014
Source: Jiji Press
WASHINGTON (Jiji Press)—World Bank President Jim Yong Kim has voiced optimism about the Japanese government’s growth strategy, which is the “third arrow” of Prime Minister Shinzo Abe’s three-pillar economic policy package called Abenomics.
Abe’s commitment to tackling “rock hard regulations” related to employment, agriculture and healthcare is a “very encouraging sign,” Kim said Friday in an interview with media organizations, including Jiji Press. “And so, we remain optimistic that he will be able to deliver on that third arrow,” Kim said, pinning high hopes on the growth strategy, which was updated on Tuesday.
Kim also said consumer spending in Japan will regain strength by around September after weakening due to the consumption tax hike to 8 percent from 5 percent in April. “We remain optimistic that the Japanese economy will continue to recover,” he observed.
Top Ads Today
- Japanese brand road bike specializing in triathlon - CEEPO (10 views)
- Fukuoka Shipbuilding Co., Ltd. - Shipbuilding Company (5 views)
- Tanaka Hydropower Co,. Ltd. - Cost Effective and High Quality Hydropower Solutions (4 views)
- Kyokuto Valve Mfg. Co. Ltd. - We have over 60 years experience producing the highest quality safety valves (4 views)
- ABI Co., Ltd. - Freezer machine for keeping tissue cells alive (4 views)
- ITO Co., Ltd. - Japan's first physiotherapy equipment manufacturer (4 views)
- Kyowa Giken - Pneumatic Pitching Machine "TOPGUN" (4 views)
- Fukuoka Cloth Industry Co., Ltd. - Manufacturing of Adhesives and Tapes for Industrial Cable (4 views)
- Manufacturing of Dietary Supplements and Cosmetics - Shinkowa Pharmaceutical (3 views)
- Eco-Stage Engineering Co., Ltd. - Produces Valuable Resources from Organic Waste (3 views)