- Listed: 06/28/2014 5:38 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
World Bank Kim optimistic about Abe’s “3rd arrow”
Date: Jun 29, 2014
Source: Jiji Press
WASHINGTON (Jiji Press)—World Bank President Jim Yong Kim has voiced optimism about the Japanese government’s growth strategy, which is the “third arrow” of Prime Minister Shinzo Abe’s three-pillar economic policy package called Abenomics.
Abe’s commitment to tackling “rock hard regulations” related to employment, agriculture and healthcare is a “very encouraging sign,” Kim said Friday in an interview with media organizations, including Jiji Press. “And so, we remain optimistic that he will be able to deliver on that third arrow,” Kim said, pinning high hopes on the growth strategy, which was updated on Tuesday.
Kim also said consumer spending in Japan will regain strength by around September after weakening due to the consumption tax hike to 8 percent from 5 percent in April. “We remain optimistic that the Japanese economy will continue to recover,” he observed.
1629 total views, 1 today
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Member Since: 11/14/2012
Other items listed by JAPAN PRODUCTS
- SUBARU Press Conference in New York International Auto Show 2013
- Japan Railway Company JR West plan to start new luxury sleeper train service in Spring 2017
- IOFT(International Optical Fair Tokyo) 2013 – Asia’s Leading Optical Trade Fair
- Japan’s solar power generation will grow to $19.6 billion in FY2013
- Japanese Methane Hydrate “Fire Ice” Could Spark Global Energy Revolution