- Listed: 06/28/2014 5:38 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
World Bank Kim optimistic about Abe’s “3rd arrow”
Date: Jun 29, 2014
Source: Jiji Press
WASHINGTON (Jiji Press)—World Bank President Jim Yong Kim has voiced optimism about the Japanese government’s growth strategy, which is the “third arrow” of Prime Minister Shinzo Abe’s three-pillar economic policy package called Abenomics.
Abe’s commitment to tackling “rock hard regulations” related to employment, agriculture and healthcare is a “very encouraging sign,” Kim said Friday in an interview with media organizations, including Jiji Press. “And so, we remain optimistic that he will be able to deliver on that third arrow,” Kim said, pinning high hopes on the growth strategy, which was updated on Tuesday.
Kim also said consumer spending in Japan will regain strength by around September after weakening due to the consumption tax hike to 8 percent from 5 percent in April. “We remain optimistic that the Japanese economy will continue to recover,” he observed.
1180 total views, 1 today
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Member Since: 11/14/2012
Other items listed by JAPAN PRODUCTS
- ShinMaywa Industries, Ltd. – Aircraft, Special Purpose Truck, Fluid, Parking Systems, and Industrial Machinery Systems
- Japanese electric company, NEC, and the Mexican Space Agency collaborate in satellite development
- Japan Expo USA 2013 – 40 artists, and 45 exhibitors in Santa Clara Convention Center
- Sumitomo to build largest biomass power plant in Japan. It’s enough to power 20,000 standard households
- Japan companies eyes Southeast Asia for developing food market