- Listed: 06/28/2014 5:38 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
World Bank Kim optimistic about Abe’s “3rd arrow”
Date: Jun 29, 2014
Source: Jiji Press
WASHINGTON (Jiji Press)—World Bank President Jim Yong Kim has voiced optimism about the Japanese government’s growth strategy, which is the “third arrow” of Prime Minister Shinzo Abe’s three-pillar economic policy package called Abenomics.
Abe’s commitment to tackling “rock hard regulations” related to employment, agriculture and healthcare is a “very encouraging sign,” Kim said Friday in an interview with media organizations, including Jiji Press. “And so, we remain optimistic that he will be able to deliver on that third arrow,” Kim said, pinning high hopes on the growth strategy, which was updated on Tuesday.
Kim also said consumer spending in Japan will regain strength by around September after weakening due to the consumption tax hike to 8 percent from 5 percent in April. “We remain optimistic that the Japanese economy will continue to recover,” he observed.
Top Ads Today
- Fukuoka Shipbuilding Co., Ltd. - Shipbuilding Company (13 views)
- Leading manufacturer of ignition coils for automobiles - Diamond Electric Mfg Co., Ltd. (8 views)
- Mary Chocolate Co., Ltd. made Japanese style Valentine's Day (8 views)
- First produced Japanese whiskey in 1937 - Suntory Holdings Limited (7 views)
- TOTO Ltd. - World's largest toilet manufacturer (7 views)
- Nippon Poly-Glu Co., Ltd. - Provides Water Treatment Assistance (7 views)
- JFOODO - To Expand Japanese Food Products and Food Culture to Overseas (6 views)
- Morioka Seiko Instruments Inc. - Luxury Watch Manufacturer (6 views)
- Asahi Glass Co., Ltd. - Manufacturing of flat glass, automotive glass, display, and variety glass products (6 views)
- Acrorad Co., Ltd. - R&D and Manufacturing CdTe Detectors (6 views)