Ardmore Shipping Orders Four 25,000 Dwt Product & Chemical Tanker Newbuildings from Fukuoka Shipbuilding
- Listed: 01/25/2014 6:23 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Ardmore orders four product and chemical tankers at Fukuoka Shipbuilding
Date: Aug 23, 2014
Japan’s Fukuoka Shipbuilding has secured an order worth $118m from Ireland-based Ardmore Shipping to build four 25,000dwt IMO 2 eco-design product and chemical tankers.
The Irish shipowner has also negotiated fixed-price options for an unspecified number of additional vessels.
Delivery of the four new vessels to Ardmore is scheduled to take place between the fourth quarter of 2014 and the fourth quarter of 2015.
The company has exercised options for a total of eight new-build vessels, including the latest contract, since the pricing of its initial public offering (IPO) on 31 July 2013.
Earlier in August 2013, Ardmore contracted South Korea’s Hyundai Mipo Dockyard (HMD) for the construction of two 37,000dwt IMO 2 eco-design chemical tankers.
Each vessel is priced at $32.7m, with delivery expected to take place in the fourth quarter of 2014 or the first quarter of 2015.
In February and June 2013, South Korea’s SPP Shipbuilding delivered two IMO 3 product and chemical tankers, Ardmore Seavaliant and Ardmore Seaventure, to Ardmore.
The new 49,999dwt vessels were designed to deliver improved fuel efficiency and operational performance, and feature MAN B&W electronic engines, combined with Mewis Duct propellers.
The two vessels, which have been verified by ABS according to the voluntary energy-efficiency requirements of the IMO’s Energy Efficiency Design Index (EEDI), have been chartered to Cargill for a 12-month period.
With the new order, Ardmore increases its fleet to 20 vessels, including eight vessels in operation and 12 new-builds on order.
Top Ads Today
- Japan Cell Co., Ltd. - Optical contact of adhesive free bonding process (59 views)
- Japanese govt helps China to turn used cooking oil into soap in a bid to reduce water pollution (23 views)
- SHINKO IND. LTD. - Our Cargo Oil Pumps Occupies 85% of The Global Market (18 views)
- Nippura Co., Ltd. - Aquarium Manufacturer (16 views)
- World Co., Ltd. - Japan's leading clothing company with nearly 100 brands (11 views)
- Nitto Denko Corporation - Manufacturing adhesives and coating products (10 views)
- Japan capitalize experience and technologies for reducing pollutants of PM2.5 problem (9 views)
- HIRANO TECSEED Co., Ltd. - Coating and Laminating Technology (8 views)
- ACCESS Co., Ltd. - Provider of Advanced Software Technologies (8 views)
- Japanese Traditional "Kurume-Ori(Weave)" Clothing - Watanosato (6 views)