- Listed: 07/10/2014 4:12 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Consumer sentiment up for 2nd straight month
Date: Jul 10, 2014
Source: NHK World
Japan’s government says consumer sentiment in the country was up for the second straight month in June.
Officials at the Cabinet Office said on Thursday that the consumer confidence index for households of two or more members stood at 41.1. That’s up 1.8 points from May. Officials assessed answers from more than 4,100 such households.
The survey asks consumers about their spending outlook for the next 6 months, and 50 is the median figure. The sentiment was up in all 4 categories of overall livelihood, income growth, employment and willingness to buy durable goods.
Officials attribute the rise to an improvement in wages and the job market due to economic recovery. They revised upward its overall assessment of consumer confidence to “recovering”, from “showing signs of recovery” in the previous month.
Top Ads Today
- TSI Holdings Co., Ltd. - Offer more than 50 clothing brands for women (85 views)
- OHKI Co., Ltd. - We are a leading manufacturer of filter bags for tea and coffee (31 views)
- Nippon Poly-Glu Co., Ltd. - Provides Water Treatment Assistance (28 views)
- Plan designed by Japanese architect in the development projects of Paris was adopted (27 views)
- Japan's Deputy Prime Minister Taro Aso will support infrastructure in Asia for stimulating economy (23 views)
- Tohoku Electronic Industrial (TEI) Co., Ltd. - Testing Equipment Manufacturer (19 views)
- SENJO SEIKI Co., Ltd. - Automatic Chamfering and Deburring Machines (19 views)
- ITO Co., Ltd. - Japan's first physiotherapy equipment manufacturer (16 views)
- Nitto Denko Corporation - Manufacturing adhesives and coating products (15 views)
- World Co., Ltd. - Japan's leading clothing company with nearly 100 brands (14 views)