NSSC, the largest stainless steel manufacturer in Japan, was established in October 2003 through the consolidation of the stainless steel divisions of Nippon Steel Corporation and Sumitomo Metal Industries, Ltd. Our corporate philosophy of “Contributing to society through Stainless Steel” we promise to take prompt and appropriate measures to meet the modern diversifying needs of our users.
In 2010, we developed the “NSSC®FW Series,” a resource-saving, high performance stainless steel, by exploiting the world’s first Sn-added technology. Through this development, we have successfully reduced the content of rare metals by up to 40% in comparison with our standard stainless steel (SUS304).
In 2012, we created “NSSC®2120,” a type of duplex stainless steel developed as an alternative to our standard stainless steel (SUS304). The benefit of this duplex steel is that it consumes fewer rare metals. Moreover, by taking advantage of duplex steel’s higher strength we have made our steel thinner and lighter, resulting in lower production costs for our customers.
The demand for “NSSC®FW Series” and “NSSC®2120,” both of which were developed through the advanced technology of NSSC, continues to increase on a worldwide basis. In addition, in 2012, “SAF,” the facilities used to recover rare metals, has started its operation at our Hikari Works to save our raw materials in the manufacturing processes.
Through our technology as well as our spirit for stainless steel, we will combine our strengths to provide excellent solutions for our customers.
The World’s first Sn-added ferritic stainlesssteel, having high corrosion resistance and Alloy-saving.
NSSC, the largest stainless steel producer in Japan, released epoch-making Sn-added stainless steel grades, NSSC FW-series, in 2010. NSSC FW-series have corrosion resistance equal or superior to 17Cr-Stainless steel or 18Cr-8Ni-Stainless steel which are common grades in the world.
Saving rare metal resources by approx. 40%
NSSC FW series contain no Ni and Mo, with the reduction in Cr. As compared to grade 304 (18Cr-8Ni), NSSC FW2 can save both Cr and Ni by 40%. As compared to grade 430 (17Cr), NSSC FW1 can save Cr by 18%. For more details, click here.
Top Ads Today
- TSI Holdings Co., Ltd. - Offer more than 50 clothing brands for women (62 views)
- Nippon Poly-Glu Co., Ltd. - Provides Water Treatment Assistance (33 views)
- Long-term deflationary spiral of Japan that lasted 20 years is about to end (23 views)
- Precision System Science Co., Ltd. - Supporting Worldwide IVD Market (23 views)
- Kao Corporation - Ranked in best 2 of the leading Japanese cosmetic industry (9 views)
- Prime Polymer Co., Ltd. (9 views)
- Japanese Traditional "Kurume-Ori(Weave)" Clothing - Watanosato (9 views)
- NSK Ltd. - NSK Produced the First Ball Bearings Made in Japan (9 views)
- Pesticide-Free & Genuine Japanese Tea Manufacturer Since 1865 - Kanei Hitokoto Seicha Inc. (7 views)
- ABI Co., Ltd. - Freezer machine for keeping tissue cells alive (7 views)