NSSC, the largest stainless steel manufacturer in Japan, was established in October 2003 through the consolidation of the stainless steel divisions of Nippon Steel Corporation and Sumitomo Metal Industries, Ltd. Our corporate philosophy of “Contributing to society through Stainless Steel” we promise to take prompt and appropriate measures to meet the modern diversifying needs of our users.
In 2010, we developed the “NSSC®FW Series,” a resource-saving, high performance stainless steel, by exploiting the world’s first Sn-added technology. Through this development, we have successfully reduced the content of rare metals by up to 40% in comparison with our standard stainless steel (SUS304).
In 2012, we created “NSSC®2120,” a type of duplex stainless steel developed as an alternative to our standard stainless steel (SUS304). The benefit of this duplex steel is that it consumes fewer rare metals. Moreover, by taking advantage of duplex steel’s higher strength we have made our steel thinner and lighter, resulting in lower production costs for our customers.
The demand for “NSSC®FW Series” and “NSSC®2120,” both of which were developed through the advanced technology of NSSC, continues to increase on a worldwide basis. In addition, in 2012, “SAF,” the facilities used to recover rare metals, has started its operation at our Hikari Works to save our raw materials in the manufacturing processes.
Through our technology as well as our spirit for stainless steel, we will combine our strengths to provide excellent solutions for our customers.
The World’s first Sn-added ferritic stainlesssteel, having high corrosion resistance and Alloy-saving.
NSSC, the largest stainless steel producer in Japan, released epoch-making Sn-added stainless steel grades, NSSC FW-series, in 2010. NSSC FW-series have corrosion resistance equal or superior to 17Cr-Stainless steel or 18Cr-8Ni-Stainless steel which are common grades in the world.
Saving rare metal resources by approx. 40%
NSSC FW series contain no Ni and Mo, with the reduction in Cr. As compared to grade 304 (18Cr-8Ni), NSSC FW2 can save both Cr and Ni by 40%. As compared to grade 430 (17Cr), NSSC FW1 can save Cr by 18%. For more details, click here.
Top Ads Today
- Watanabe Engineering Corporation - Manufacture of Sheet Metal Machine (22 views)
- ITO Co., Ltd. - Japan's first physiotherapy equipment manufacturer (10 views)
- THINK OF THINGS - Pop-up Store of KOKUYO stationery and office supplies (8 views)
- Nippon Poly-Glu Co., Ltd. - Provides Water Treatment Assistance (8 views)
- Japanese brand road bike specializing in triathlon - CEEPO (7 views)
- Fukuoka Shoyu Co., Ltd. - Inheriting the tradition of the soy sauce brewing for over 100 years (7 views)
- Nippura Co., Ltd. - Aquarium Manufacturer (6 views)
- Tagawa Sangyo Co., Ltd. - Surface coatings with using Japanese traditional Shikkui (5 views)
- Sato Seni Co., Ltd. - Yarn Spinning Manufacturer (5 views)
- Kao Corporation - Ranked in best 2 of the leading Japanese cosmetic industry (5 views)