- Company Name: Yakult Honsha Co., Ltd.
- State/Prefecture: Tokyo Prefecture
- City/Town/Village: Minato-ku
- Street: 1-1-19, Higashi-Shinbashi
- Country: Japan
- Zip/Postal Code: 105-8660
- Phone: +81-03-3574-8960
- Website: http://www.yakult.co.jp/english/
- Listed: 06/07/2018 11:54 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Yakult is a leading Japanese company focused on the development and marketing of pharmaceuticals, foods, beverages, and cosmetics. With respect to its pharmaceutical business, Yakult has a strong presence in development and commercialization of the therapeutic products in the field of oncology.
Yakult is a probiotic dairy product made by fermenting a mixture of skimmed milk with a special strain of the bacterium Lactobacillus casei Shirota. One bottle contains a minimum of 6.5 billion cells of the unique strain of bacteria discovered by scientist Dr Shirota. The strain is scientifically proven to reach the gut alive. There are absolutely no colourings whatsoever in Yakult. Its colour is a natural result of caramelisation during the production process.
Yakult founder Minoru Shirota, M.D., Ph.D. was successful in strengthening and culturing Lactobacillus casei strain Shirota, a strain of lactic acid bacteria that can reach the intestines alive and produce beneficial effects. This was in 1930, when the word probiotic did not yet exist.
It has been about 90 years since Dr. Shirota’s discovery and Yakult has continued to develop its business based on the philosophy of contributing to the health of people through pursuit of excellence in life science in general and research and experience in microorganisms in particular.
Yakult now operates in 38 countries and regions around the world, including Japan, with over 35 million of the company’s dairy products consumed each day.
- The Beverages and Food Manufacturing and Sale segment manufactures and sells dairy products, beverages, including juices and soft drinks, and food, including noodles and healthy foods. This segment is also involved in the transportation of its products and the sale of materials.
- The Pharmaceuticals Manufacturing and Sale segment is involved in the manufacture and sale of medicines to local hospitals and pharmacies through pharmaceutical wholesalers, as well as the sale of its products to its overseas affiliated drug manufacturers.
- The Others segment is engaged in the production and sale of cosmetics, as well as the operation of its professional baseball club.
You can find their products on website below.
Top Ads Today
- Japan Cell Co., Ltd. - Optical contact of adhesive free bonding process (155 views)
- Plan designed by Japanese architect in the development projects of Paris was adopted (61 views)
- SHINKO IND. LTD. - Our Cargo Oil Pumps Occupies 85% of The Global Market (49 views)
- JFOODO - To Expand Japanese Food Products and Food Culture to Overseas (41 views)
- Tohoku Electronic Industrial (TEI) Co., Ltd. - Testing Equipment Manufacturer (40 views)
- TSI Holdings Co., Ltd. - Offer more than 50 clothing brands for women (35 views)
- World Co., Ltd. - Japan's leading clothing company with nearly 100 brands (31 views)
- SENJO SEIKI Co., Ltd. - Automatic Chamfering and Deburring Machines (30 views)
- Kyoto Seisakusho Co., Ltd. - Manufacturing of packaging machines and processing machines (30 views)
- TSUKUBASEIKO Co,.Ltd. - Electrostatic Clamping Systems (24 views)