Hitachi High-Tech and Air Water Inc., establish joint venture for LNG transport tank container business in Vancouver
- Listed: 05/24/2014 4:40 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Joint Venture Established for Manufacture and Sales of LNG Shipping Containers in North America
Date: May 20, 2014
Source: Hitachi High-Technologies Corporation
Tokyo Japan, May 20, 2014 – Hitachi High-Technologies Corporation (TOKYO: 8036; Hitachi High-Tech) and AIR WATER PLANT & ENGINEERING INC. (AWP), a subsidiary of AIR WATER INC. (TOKYO: 4088) that holds the top share of the liquid natural gas (LNG) tank lorry market in Japan, have agreed to operate a manufacturing and sales business in North America for tank containers for transporting LNG and related products, and will establish a new joint venture, Hitachi High-Tech AW Cryo, Inc. (HTAW).
The North American natural gas market has seen prices driven down by a massive increase in production volume triggered by the shale gas revolution. This in turn has stimulated growth in demand, not only for large volume demand at large-scale power stations and other facilities, but also small- and medium- volume demand. As a result, natural gas is expected to find various applications, such as in small-scale power plants and LNG-powered locomotives. In line with this, there is a growing need for small- and medium-volume natural gas transportation means such as trucks and railways, rather than the conventional large-volume transportation means of pipelines.
The newly established HTAW will conduct a manufacture and sales operation for the LNG transport tank containers and related products, which offer high transportation efficiency, to realize safe, efficient transportation of small to medium volumes of natural gas. Specifically, HTAW will use Hitachi High-Tech’s sales expertise and network in the North American market to market LNG transportation tank containers that utilize AWP’s cryogenic thermal insulation technologies offering superior performance against shock and vibration during transport. HTAW will focus its operations mainly on regional energy supply companies and major logistics companies in the U.S. and Canada, targeting net sales of 12.0 billion yen in fiscal 2020.
Development of HTAW’s business operations will assist the safe supply of natural gas as a clean energy source, and contribute to the building of a social infrastructure to support stable, comfortable living.
Overview of Hitachi High-Tech AW Cryo, Inc.
|Company Name||Hitachi High-Tech AW Cryo, Inc.|
|Business lines||Manufacture and sale of LNG transportation tank containers and related products, and provision of ancillary services.|
|Number of employees||6|
|Established||Scheduled for June 2, 2014|
|Capital||2.2 million Canadian dollars|
|Investment ratios||Hitachi High-Tech Group 66% (Hitachi High-Tech: 51%, Hitachi High Technologies America, Inc.: 15%), AWP 34%|
Hitachi High-Technologies Corporation
Reiko Takeuchi, Aiko Matsumoto,
CSR & Corporate Communications Dept.,
AIR WATER INC.
Corporate Communications and IR Office
2140 total views, 5 today
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Member Since: 11/14/2012
Other items listed by JAPAN PRODUCTS
- AGC to Reduce by Six Times(80 million tons) Annual CO2 Emissions in 2020
- Chef Meat Chigusa Co., Ltd. – Japanese High Quality Meat Products
- Japanese Companies Shift Investment To Vietnam As Thailand And China Become Less Attractive
- Sanford-Burnham and Daiichi Sankyo are teaming up with to develop drugs to fight the pandemic of cardiovascular-metabolic diseases
- Japan Restaurant sales were up 2.3% in April from the same month last year
Top Ads Today
- Nippon Poly-Glu Co., Ltd. - Provides Water Treatment Assistance (50 views)
- TAISEI Corporation - Engineering and Construction Services (43 views)
- Fujiwara Industry Co., Ltd. - Wastewater Treatment and Tsunami Emergency Equipment (34 views)
- Aiya Co., Ltd. - We've been producing the organic matcha green tea since 1885 (34 views)
- OHKI Co., Ltd. - We are a leading manufacturer of filter bags for tea and coffee (30 views)
- Fuji Oil Co., Ltd. - Developing and Manufacturing the Food Ingredients (29 views)
- MUSCLE Corporation - Motion Control Systems Specialist (28 views)
- Azuma Foods Co., Ltd. - Manufacturing high quality, safe and healthy food products (27 views)
- Dobashien Co., Ltd. - Manufacturing of japanese tea, and related tea goods (26 views)
- Integration Co., Ltd. - Kimukatsu - Japanese Pork Cutlets (26 views)