- Listed: 07/10/2014 4:12 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Consumer sentiment up for 2nd straight month
Date: Jul 10, 2014
Source: NHK World
Japan’s government says consumer sentiment in the country was up for the second straight month in June.
Officials at the Cabinet Office said on Thursday that the consumer confidence index for households of two or more members stood at 41.1. That’s up 1.8 points from May. Officials assessed answers from more than 4,100 such households.
The survey asks consumers about their spending outlook for the next 6 months, and 50 is the median figure. The sentiment was up in all 4 categories of overall livelihood, income growth, employment and willingness to buy durable goods.
Officials attribute the rise to an improvement in wages and the job market due to economic recovery. They revised upward its overall assessment of consumer confidence to “recovering”, from “showing signs of recovery” in the previous month.
Top Ads Today
- Nippon Poly-Glu Co., Ltd. - Provides Water Treatment Assistance (35 views)
- First produced Japanese whiskey in 1937 - Suntory Holdings Limited (28 views)
- Japan's leading sporting goods manufacturer - ASICS Corporation (22 views)
- Manufacturing Food Processing and Automation Machine - Nikko Co., Ltd. (18 views)
- Japanese brand road bike specializing in triathlon - CEEPO (18 views)
- Travel Information for Foreigner - Japan National Tourism Organization (JNTO) (16 views)
- Japanese Chef Knives - Kamikoto (14 views)
- Fukuoka Shipbuilding Co., Ltd. - Shipbuilding Company (13 views)
- Manufacturing Japanese Curry from 1926 - House Foods Group Inc. (12 views)
- Takasago International Corporation - Develops flavors and fragrance for 80 years (11 views)