- Listed: 07/10/2014 4:12 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Consumer sentiment up for 2nd straight month
Date: Jul 10, 2014
Source: NHK World
Japan’s government says consumer sentiment in the country was up for the second straight month in June.
Officials at the Cabinet Office said on Thursday that the consumer confidence index for households of two or more members stood at 41.1. That’s up 1.8 points from May. Officials assessed answers from more than 4,100 such households.
The survey asks consumers about their spending outlook for the next 6 months, and 50 is the median figure. The sentiment was up in all 4 categories of overall livelihood, income growth, employment and willingness to buy durable goods.
Officials attribute the rise to an improvement in wages and the job market due to economic recovery. They revised upward its overall assessment of consumer confidence to “recovering”, from “showing signs of recovery” in the previous month.
1346 total views, 2 today
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Member Since: 11/14/2012
Other items listed by JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Hitachi Advanced Collaboration System First to Be Qualified as a Lync Extensibility Application under the Microsoft Lync ISV Qualification Program
- H-3 rocket to be developed in fiscal 2020
- New onsen hotel “Ofunato Onsen Hotel” to open in tsunami-devastated Iwate prefecture
- Japanese Methane Hydrate “Fire Ice” Could Spark Global Energy Revolution
- BON UNI Fukuoka Co., Ltd. – A High Quality Uniform Manufacturer