- Listed: 05/10/2014 11:41 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Electric appliance retailers eye higher profits
Date: May 9, 2014
Source: NHK World
Major electric appliances retailers in Japan expect the current business year’s sales to remain as high as last year’s with higher profits. They believe the consumption tax increase will have little impact on their sales.
Yamada Denki, Edion and K’s Holdings have announced their results for the business year that ended in March. They all reported a rise in sales as consumers rushed to buy appliances before the tax went up on April 1st. Yamada’s fiscal 2013 sales grew more than 11 percent from the previous year. Edion’s sales jumped by almost 12 percent. K’s Holdings reported 10 percent growth.
The retailers had braced themselves for a dent in sales just after the tax hike. But they predict an improvement in the summer as consumers purchase energy-saving appliances to replace their old ones. The retailers also project operating profit increases in the 2014 business year through cost-cutting efforts.
Yamada forecasts a jump of almost 23 percent. Edion expects a two-percent rise and K’s Holdings an increase of almost five percent. But Yamada executive Jun Okamoto points to a weather factor. He says a cool summer could hurt sales of air conditioners and other appliances.
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Member Since: 11/14/2012
Other items listed by JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Arita Seiyo Co., Ltd. – Arita Porcelain Lab produce new brand of “IMARI” style
- TOYO Stainless Polish Industry – Metal Polishing & Buffing Services
- NISHIYAMA SHUZOJO CO., LTD. – Sake Manufacturer
- BioOpto Japan 2013 in YOKOHAMA JAPAN Oct 16-18, 2013
- Japan’s Smart Glasses Developer – WESTUNITIS CO., LTD.
Top Ads Today
- Morioka Seiko Instruments Inc. - Luxury Watch Manufacturer (17 views)
- KENKO Mayonnaise Co., Ltd. - Mayonnaise and Dressings Manufacture (17 views)
- Japanese brand road bike specializing in triathlon - CEEPO (17 views)
- First produced Japanese whiskey in 1937 - Suntory Holdings Limited (13 views)
- FUJISEIKI Co., Ltd. - Sushi, Rice Ball and Noodle Making Machine (11 views)
- Acoma Medical Industry Co., Ltd. - Manufacturing medical devices, including artificial ventilators (8 views)
- ORITAEN CO., LTD. - Japanese Tea Manufacturer (7 views)
- Japan's leading sporting goods manufacturer - ASICS Corporation (7 views)
- Moritaka Hamono Inc. - Japanese Knife Manufacturing Company (7 views)
- SAGA HIMAT - Heavy Ion Cancer Treatment Center (7 views)