- Listed: 05/10/2014 11:41 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Electric appliance retailers eye higher profits
Date: May 9, 2014
Source: NHK World
Major electric appliances retailers in Japan expect the current business year’s sales to remain as high as last year’s with higher profits. They believe the consumption tax increase will have little impact on their sales.
Yamada Denki, Edion and K’s Holdings have announced their results for the business year that ended in March. They all reported a rise in sales as consumers rushed to buy appliances before the tax went up on April 1st. Yamada’s fiscal 2013 sales grew more than 11 percent from the previous year. Edion’s sales jumped by almost 12 percent. K’s Holdings reported 10 percent growth.
The retailers had braced themselves for a dent in sales just after the tax hike. But they predict an improvement in the summer as consumers purchase energy-saving appliances to replace their old ones. The retailers also project operating profit increases in the 2014 business year through cost-cutting efforts.
Yamada forecasts a jump of almost 23 percent. Edion expects a two-percent rise and K’s Holdings an increase of almost five percent. But Yamada executive Jun Okamoto points to a weather factor. He says a cool summer could hurt sales of air conditioners and other appliances.
1727 total views, 1 today
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Member Since: 11/14/2012
Other items listed by JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Mobile World Congress 2013 in Barcelona, Spain
- KOFLOC – Flow Meters Manufacturer
- Japan start drilling surveys for methane hydrate resources as next-gen energy
- TAISEI Corporation – Engineering and Construction Services
- Japan Future Eco-Systems Corporation – Generate Energy from Plastic and Food Waste
Top Ads Today
- Nippon Poly-Glu Co., Ltd. - Provides Water Treatment Assistance (5 views)
- SHINKO IND. LTD. - Our Cargo Oil Pumps Occupies 85% of The Global Market (3 views)
- Japan companies eyes Southeast Asia for developing food market (3 views)
- Gifu Seiki Kogyo Co., Ltd. - We specialize in precision deep drawing (3 views)
- Mitaka Kohki Co., Ltd. - 50% share of the market for neurosurgical microscopes (2 views)
- Selected Delicious Japanese Rice from Kyushu - Asagohan Honpo (2 views)
- Honda and Acura to Offer Convenience of Apple's Siri™ Eyes Free on Select 2013 Vehicles (2 views)
- OHKI Co., Ltd. - We are a leading manufacturer of filter bags for tea and coffee (2 views)
- We've been delivering Matcha, Gyokuro, Sencha and other Japanese tea since 1931 - Honjien Co., Ltd. (2 views)
- Orange Blossom - Ukiko Plantation (2 views)