- Company Name: Hinomaru Jozo
- State/Prefecture: Akita
- City/Town/Village: Yokote
- Street: 114-2 Nanokamachi, Masudamachi
- Country: Japan
- Zip/Postal Code: 019-0701
- Phone: 0182-42-1335
- Website: http://hinomaru-sake.com/english-top/
- Contact: http://hinomaru-sake.com/inquiry/
- Listed: 06/01/2013 11:32 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Hinomaru Brewery, founded in 1689, and nationally designated as an important corporeal and cultural property in 2002, has graciously endured the test of time. It has continuously produced the finest quality sake with utmost integrity for 323 years. In fact, the legacy of the brewery is intimately linked to the warlords of the feudal era. It was Lord Satake who bestowed on the brewery both the beautiful name, Hinomaru, “circle of the sun” and his famous insignia; the traditional Japanese folding fan opened to reveal the bright red rising sun.
Coincidentally, some 200 years later in 1870 the rising sun image and name Hinomaru became the official reference for national flag of Japan. Today, that image overshadows the original meaning for which the brewery was named.
Hinomaru Brewery is blessed with proximity to abundant natural resources. The rich, fertile soil of the Yokote region produces historically famous, consistently delicious and superior quality rice. Hinomaru Brewery commissions 12 varieties of sakamai (sake rice varietals) from local farmers. Unlike table rice, sake rice grows taller and has plumper, harder, heavier grains with a higher concentration of starch of the core of each grain.
The pristine environment also has abundant sources for delicately soft, low mineral water, ideal for sake making. Hinomaru Brewery has four wells of water from a pure ecosystem with origins in the protected National Park of Kurikoma Mountain. In addition, the ancient ‘sannai’ school of sake making has its origins in Yokote. Through the ages the most highly skilled toji (sake brew masters) have laboriously produced award-wining sake at Hinomaru Brewery incorporating to the sannai method of long slow fermentation.
For more details, click here.
- Japan Sake Competition: Gold Medal 2008, 2007, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001 / Silver Medal 2011, 2010, 2002
- Akita Sake Challenge：First Prize 2008, 2011
- International Wine Challenge：Bronze Medal 2008
- International Sake Challenge：Gold Medal 2008 / Silver Medal 2009, 2007
- Los Angeles International Wine & Spirits Competition：Gold Medal & Best of Sake Class2011, 2010
Top Ads Today
- TSI Holdings Co., Ltd. - Offer more than 50 clothing brands for women (12 views)
- Japanese Infrastructure company - Hitachi Zosen Corporation (9 views)
- THINK OF THINGS - Pop-up Store of KOKUYO stationery and office supplies (8 views)
- Wacoal Holdings Corp. - Japan's largest women's lingerie company (4 views)
- Watanabe Engineering Corporation - Manufacture of Sheet Metal Machine (4 views)
- Leading manufacturer of ignition coils for automobiles - Diamond Electric Mfg Co., Ltd. (3 views)
- Japanese Traditional Bento Box and Tableware - Maturi no Eemon (3 views)
- Hotel Sonia Otaru - Located along the scenic Otaru Canal and equipped natural hot-spring bath (3 views)
- KYOCERA Corporation - Multinational Ceramics and Electronics Manufacturer (3 views)
- Japanese Canvas Bag Manufacturer - Sato Bousui Ten (3 views)