- Listed: 04/11/2013 9:52 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
JETRO(Japan External Trade Organization) is organizing the Japan Pavilion at the 2013 BIO International Convention, to be held at Chicago’s McCormick Place from Monday, April 22 to Thursday, April 25. Nineteen companies from Japan will be on display in the Japan Pavilion (Booth 3611), exhibiting some of the most innovative biotechnology from Japan.
Key technologies to be featured at the Japan Pavilion include new treatments for oncology, pain management, cognitive disorders and neurological disorders; advancements in regenerative medicine; drug discovery tools; and contract manufacturing and R&D.
Three of the companies in the Pavilion will be representing technologies developed at some of Japan’s leading universities. iPS Academia Japan manages patents from Kyoto University, including the iPS pluripotent stem cells technology developed by Dr. Shinya Yamanaka, winner of the 2012 Nobel Prize for Medicine. Todai TLO, which represents technology developed by the University of Tokyo, will feature a novel treatment for cardiovascular disease. MPO Inc. will show their new regenerative medicine technique which utilizes cardiac stem cells.
The Japan Pavilion exhibitors will also participate in BIO’s One-on-One Partnering meetings. The Japanese delegates are eager to meet new strategic development and distribution partners.
The annual BIO Convention, organized by the Biotechnology Industry Organization, is the largest event for the biotechnology sector, attracting over 16,000 attendees from all over the world. JETRO has organized the Japan Pavilion since 2003.
BIO International Convention is a service of and hosted by the Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO).
BIO represents more than 1,100 biotechnology companies, academic institutions, state biotechnology centers and related organizations across the United States and in more than 30 other nations. BIO members are involved in the research and development of innovative healthcare, agricultural, industrial and environmental biotechnology products.
Japan Pavilion at the 2013 BIO International Convention
April 22-25(Monday-Thursday), 2013
JAPAN PAVILION RECEPTION Please join us on Tuesday, April 23 for the Exhibitor Hospitality Reception. The Japan Pavilion will host a sake reception featuring two specially selected sakes from Japan’s Tohoku Region.
Click here to download the BIO 2013 Directory [PDF 2.50MB]
Location: McCormick Place
2301 S Lake Shore Drive, Chicago, IL 60616
Contact: JETRO Chicago
Robert Corder (Project Coordinator)
TEL: 312-833-6000 x204 / FAX: 312-832-6066 / Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
- ATTO Corporation
- BioMedCore, Inc.
- Cyfuse Biomedical
- CytoPathfinder, Inc.
- GeneDesign, Inc.
- Hiroshima Bio-Medical Co., Ltd.
- Human Metabolome Technologies, Inc.
- iPS Academia Japan, Inc.
- Momotaro-Gene Inc.
- MPO Inc.
- NB Health Laboratory Co. Ltd.
- On-chip Biotechnologies Co., Ltd.
- OP BIO FACTORY Co., Ltd.
- PharmaCo-Cell Company Ltd.
- ReqMed Company, Ltd.
- RIKEN GENESIS CO., LTD.
- TMS Co., Ltd.
- TODAI TLO, Ltd. (University of Tokyo)
- Tokyo Future Style, Inc.
Please check the listings for biotechnology
Top Ads Today
- Watanabe Engineering Corporation - Manufacture of Sheet Metal Machine (145 views)
- Tanihata Co., Ltd. - "Kumiko" Japanese Traditional Woodcraft Technique (79 views)
- GROUND Inc. - Designs and Developing Cloud Based Logistics and Distribution System (76 views)
- Kyocera Communication Systems Co., Ltd. (44 views)
- Fukuoka Shoyu Co., Ltd. - Inheriting the tradition of the soy sauce brewing for over 100 years (39 views)
- Sysmex Corporation - Global Leader in Automated Hematology Diagnostics (30 views)
- 500 Startups Japan (28 views)
- Nippon Telegraph and Telephone (NTT) Corporation (24 views)
- Unicharm Corporation - Manufacturing of Diapers, Feminine Hygiene and Pet Care Products (21 views)
- ABI Co., Ltd. - Freezer machine for keeping tissue cells alive (15 views)