- Company Name: West Japan Fluid Engineering Laboratory Co., Ltd.
- City/Town/Village: Sasebo
- Street: 339-30 kuroishi Kosazacho
- Country: Japan
- Zip/Postal Code: 857-0401
- Website: http://www.fel.ne.jp/
- Listed: 02/06/2013 2:24 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Focus on Fluid Dynamics Research in Business
Back in the ’70s, a major shipbuilder in Sasebo, Nagasaki was on the verge of bankruptcy. Reconstruction plans called for eliminating the research division and slashing the workforce from 7000 to 2000. Seeing the writing on the wall, seven engineers from its research division went independent in 1979 and set up West Japan Fluid Engineering Laboratory Co., Ltd. so that they could continue their research in fluid dynamics of ships. At the time, there were only five or six places, all large shipbuilders or specialized laboratories, having test use water tanks. Therefore, the firm began by undertaking tests using its own circulating water tank. After this, it undertook development of hulls for new ships and the design of propellers. It made particular contributions to the development of new types of fishing vessels able to achieve faster speeds and reduced energy consumption. Further, there were only two or three manufacturers of circulating water tanks and other research facilities in Japan. Therefore, the company also received orders for development and fabrication of circulating water tanks themselves from domestic and overseas laboratories, universities, and shipbuilders.
The strength of the firm lies in the close working relationship between its measurement and testing engineers and system designers. The company tackles the design and fabrication of equipment from the standpoint of the users. According to the representative director Mr. Matsui, even if competitors and users have the same facilities, they won’t have enough researchers and won’t have the required related data.
The company attends research sessions at its users as a form of after-sales service during which it is able to explain its own research and technology and new products. The lifetime of circulating systems is about 15 years. From the viewpoint of obtaining a grasp of new needs, the firm makes itself available throughout that period for consultations on maintenance and makes proposals on its own. These activities help build a relation of trust with the customers.
Lines of Business :
Testing of hull performance and improvements, hydraulic experiments, and other R&D and development, production, and sale of circulating water tanks and wind tunnel.
- Development of Ships Hull Form Basis on Tank Test
- Research on Propellers including P.B.C.F.
- Hydraulic Experiments for Structure in Rivers
- Research on Fishing
- Simulation of Sea Condition
- Development of R.O.V. (Remotely Operated Vehicle)
- Manoeuvring Simulator
- Research of High Speed Boats in High Speed C.W.C.
- Research on Swimming
- Research on Leisure
- Development and Production of Circulating Water Channel
- Model Manufacturing
- Development and Production of Measuring Instruments
Top Ads Today
- TSI Holdings Co., Ltd. - Offer more than 50 clothing brands for women (42 views)
- Japanese govt helps China to turn used cooking oil into soap in a bid to reduce water pollution (16 views)
- Japanese Traditional "Kurume-Ori(Weave)" Clothing - Watanosato (12 views)
- ABI Co., Ltd. - Freezer machine for keeping tissue cells alive (10 views)
- Kuken Kogyo Co., Ltd. - Leading manufacturer of cooling tower systems in Japan (9 views)
- Wacoal Holdings Corp. - Japan's largest women's lingerie company (9 views)
- Plenus Co.,LTD. - Restaurant Franchise Business - Hotto Motto (8 views)
- Total Hair Solutions: Wigs and Hair Transplantation Services - Aderans (8 views)
- ITO Co., Ltd. - Japan's first physiotherapy equipment manufacturer (7 views)
- Marutake Sangyo Co., Ltd. - Workshop of Japanese Traditional Armors (7 views)