Asahi Glass Co. developed lightweight solar panel is reduced 50% weight compared to conventional solar panels
- Listed: 05/24/2014 2:05 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
AGC Unveils Lightjoule, an Ultra-lightweight Solar Panel – With the use of Leoflex™, the panel weight reduced by nearly 50%
Date: May 23, 2014
Source: Asahi Glass Co., Ltd.
Tokyo, May 23, 2014—AGC (Asahi Glass Co., Ltd.; Head Office: Tokyo; President & CEO: Kazuhiko Ishimura) announced that it will start the sales of Lightjoule™, an ultra-lightweight solar panel, this month. Using LeoflexTM, a thin and strong chemically strengthened specialty glass, as the cover glass, AGC successfully reduced the panel weight of Lightjoule by nearly 50% compared to conventional solar panels.
In recent years, large rooftops, such as those found on plants, warehouses, and public facilities, are increasingly used for solar panel installation. However, some rooftops have loading weight restrictions and in such cases the user need to reduce the number of solar panels installed or carry out roof reinforcement work prior to installation.
Being ultra-lightweight, Lightjoule can be installed on rooftops with loading weight restrictions without reinforcement work. A larger number of panels can be installed without the extra cost required by conventional panels. In addition, the lighter-weight solar panel will improve the efficiency of installation work and reduce installation costs.
Together with the launch of Lightjoule that utilizes the advantages of Leoflex, AGC will continue to offer products and technologies that respond to market needs for energy conservation.
Junichi Kobayashi, General Manager, Corporate Communications & Investor Relations
Asahi Glass Co., Ltd.
Contact: Tsuyoshi Odahara; Tel: +81-3-3218-5603; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Product Inquiries: Glass Company System Solution BU
Product Specifications of Lightjoule
|Cell type||Single crystal silicon|
|Nominal maximum output||225 W|
|External dimensions (W x D x H)||1,482 x 985 x 35 mm|
|Module conversion efficiency||15.41%|
|Module output Guarantee period*||20 years*|
Please contact us for the details and terms and conditions of the product guarantee.
Example of installation of ultra-lightweight solar panels
Kansai Plant (Takasago Factory) of AGC
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Member Since: 11/14/2012
Other items listed by JAPAN PRODUCTS
- SUBARU Press Conference in New York International Auto Show 2013
- Japan’s domestic steel product orders up 3.01% in Q1 2014
- DMG Mori Seiki Co., Ltd. – Being the No.1 Machine Tools Company for Customers
- Hitachi Advanced Collaboration System First to Be Qualified as a Lync Extensibility Application under the Microsoft Lync ISV Qualification Program
- Best Shipping Inc. – Import and Export Services
Top Ads Today
- KOSÉ Corporation - Japanese Cosmetics, Skin Care and Hair Care Products (44 views)
- SAGA HIMAT - Heavy Ion Cancer Treatment Center (28 views)
- Sato Seni Co., Ltd. - Yarn Spinning Manufacturer (27 views)
- Nippon Poly-Glu Co., Ltd. - Provides Water Treatment Assistance (24 views)
- Fujiwara Industry Co., Ltd. - Wastewater Treatment and Tsunami Emergency Equipment (19 views)
- TOHOKU KOGEI Co., Ltd. - Traditional Craftwork "Tamamushi Lacquerware" (13 views)
- Mu Ltd. - Self-propelling capsule endoscopy "MiniMermaid" (13 views)
- Tsuneishi Shipbuilding Co., Ltd. - Offering shipbuilding service since 1917 (12 views)
- ABI Co., Ltd. - Freezer machine for keeping tissue cells alive (11 views)
- AIHO Corporation - Manufacturing of Cooking Machines and Kitchen Appliances (9 views)