Asahi Glass Co. developed lightweight solar panel is reduced 50% weight compared to conventional solar panels
- Listed: 05/24/2014 2:05 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
AGC Unveils Lightjoule, an Ultra-lightweight Solar Panel – With the use of Leoflex™, the panel weight reduced by nearly 50%
Date: May 23, 2014
Source: Asahi Glass Co., Ltd.
Tokyo, May 23, 2014—AGC (Asahi Glass Co., Ltd.; Head Office: Tokyo; President & CEO: Kazuhiko Ishimura) announced that it will start the sales of Lightjoule™, an ultra-lightweight solar panel, this month. Using LeoflexTM, a thin and strong chemically strengthened specialty glass, as the cover glass, AGC successfully reduced the panel weight of Lightjoule by nearly 50% compared to conventional solar panels.
In recent years, large rooftops, such as those found on plants, warehouses, and public facilities, are increasingly used for solar panel installation. However, some rooftops have loading weight restrictions and in such cases the user need to reduce the number of solar panels installed or carry out roof reinforcement work prior to installation.
Being ultra-lightweight, Lightjoule can be installed on rooftops with loading weight restrictions without reinforcement work. A larger number of panels can be installed without the extra cost required by conventional panels. In addition, the lighter-weight solar panel will improve the efficiency of installation work and reduce installation costs.
Together with the launch of Lightjoule that utilizes the advantages of Leoflex, AGC will continue to offer products and technologies that respond to market needs for energy conservation.
Junichi Kobayashi, General Manager, Corporate Communications & Investor Relations
Asahi Glass Co., Ltd.
Contact: Tsuyoshi Odahara; Tel: +81-3-3218-5603; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Product Inquiries: Glass Company System Solution BU
Product Specifications of Lightjoule
|Cell type||Single crystal silicon|
|Nominal maximum output||225 W|
|External dimensions (W x D x H)||1,482 x 985 x 35 mm|
|Module conversion efficiency||15.41%|
|Module output Guarantee period*||20 years*|
Please contact us for the details and terms and conditions of the product guarantee.
Example of installation of ultra-lightweight solar panels
Kansai Plant (Takasago Factory) of AGC
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Member Since: 11/14/2012
Other items listed by JAPAN PRODUCTS
- 1st Entertainment Production Expo Tokyo & Content Creation and Delivery Solutions Expo
- Morioka Seiko Instruments Inc. – Luxury Watch Manufacturer
- Indian boiler manufacturing company formed joint venture with Japanese incineration systems company
- TSUKUBASEIKO Co,.Ltd. – Electrostatic Clamping Systems
- Hyakushotai Corp – Miyazaki Agricultural Production
Top Ads Today
- KENKO Mayonnaise Co., Ltd. - Mayonnaise and Dressings Manufacture (26 views)
- Morioka Seiko Instruments Inc. - Luxury Watch Manufacturer (11 views)
- Japan's leading sporting goods manufacturer - ASICS Corporation (10 views)
- Over 600 Franchises Restaurants in Japan - Ringer Hut Co., Ltd. (9 views)
- Specializes in Pigments, Nanotechnology and Photosensitizer Compounds - Fuji Pigment Co., Ltd. (8 views)
- Barasu: "To Expose" - Honda Super Cub 50 Standard Model motorcycle (8 views)
- Manufacturing Food Processing and Automation Machine - Nikko Co., Ltd. (7 views)
- First produced Japanese whiskey in 1937 - Suntory Holdings Limited (6 views)
- Fukuoka Shipbuilding Co., Ltd. - Shipbuilding Company (6 views)
- Asahi Kasei Corporation (6 views)