Asahi Glass Co. developed lightweight solar panel is reduced 50% weight compared to conventional solar panels
- Listed: 05/24/2014 2:05 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
AGC Unveils Lightjoule, an Ultra-lightweight Solar Panel – With the use of Leoflex™, the panel weight reduced by nearly 50%
Date: May 23, 2014
Source: Asahi Glass Co., Ltd.
Tokyo, May 23, 2014—AGC (Asahi Glass Co., Ltd.; Head Office: Tokyo; President & CEO: Kazuhiko Ishimura) announced that it will start the sales of Lightjoule™, an ultra-lightweight solar panel, this month. Using LeoflexTM, a thin and strong chemically strengthened specialty glass, as the cover glass, AGC successfully reduced the panel weight of Lightjoule by nearly 50% compared to conventional solar panels.
In recent years, large rooftops, such as those found on plants, warehouses, and public facilities, are increasingly used for solar panel installation. However, some rooftops have loading weight restrictions and in such cases the user need to reduce the number of solar panels installed or carry out roof reinforcement work prior to installation.
Being ultra-lightweight, Lightjoule can be installed on rooftops with loading weight restrictions without reinforcement work. A larger number of panels can be installed without the extra cost required by conventional panels. In addition, the lighter-weight solar panel will improve the efficiency of installation work and reduce installation costs.
Together with the launch of Lightjoule that utilizes the advantages of Leoflex, AGC will continue to offer products and technologies that respond to market needs for energy conservation.
Junichi Kobayashi, General Manager, Corporate Communications & Investor Relations
Asahi Glass Co., Ltd.
Contact: Tsuyoshi Odahara; Tel: +81-3-3218-5603; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Product Inquiries: Glass Company System Solution BU
Product Specifications of Lightjoule
|Cell type||Single crystal silicon|
|Nominal maximum output||225 W|
|External dimensions (W x D x H)||1,482 x 985 x 35 mm|
|Module conversion efficiency||15.41%|
|Module output Guarantee period*||20 years*|
Please contact us for the details and terms and conditions of the product guarantee.
Example of installation of ultra-lightweight solar panels
Kansai Plant (Takasago Factory) of AGC
Top Ads Today
- Nippon Poly-Glu Co., Ltd. - Provides Water Treatment Assistance (12 views)
- Mu Ltd. - Self-propelling capsule endoscopy "MiniMermaid" (7 views)
- Japanese lacquer tableware using the makie technique of Yamanaka lacquerware - Yoshita Kashou Studio (7 views)
- Kyokuto Valve Mfg. Co. Ltd. - We have over 60 years experience producing the highest quality safety valves (7 views)
- Japan's Smart Glasses Developer - WESTUNITIS CO., LTD. (6 views)
- Medmain Inc. - Medical Technology Company Using Deep Learning (5 views)
- Onkyo Corporation - Japan's audio manufacturer with over 70 years history (5 views)
- Chugai Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. - One of Japan’s leading pharmaceutical companies (5 views)
- Kyowa Giken - Pneumatic Pitching Machine "TOPGUN" (5 views)
- Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. - Top 3 Pharmaceutical Companies in Japan (4 views)