- Company Name: AKITA SEISHU Co., Ltd.
- City/Town/Village: Daisen
- Street: 83-1 Tochiyaaza Amagasawa
- Country: Japan
- Zip/Postal Code: 014-0801
- Japan Office: Akita Prefecture
- Listed: 01/24/2013 6:05 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
The story of Akita Seishu begins in 1865, when founder Jushiro Ito converted a 150 year old thatched roof estate into the Dewatsuru sake brewery. Five generations later, the brewery is still run by the Ito family. President Tatsuru Ito works closely with his son Yohei to bring Dewatsuru’s award-winning sake to consumers in Japan and throughout the world. The brewery’s philosophy is that, “Good harmony makes good sake.” Akita Seishu values everything local and strives for a harmonious relationship between man and nature. The Dewatsuru brewery is even certified to produce organic sake, one of only a few such breweries in all of Japan. Although, working together with nature is not always easy in this frigid region in northern Japan, the harsh winter conditions are ideal for brewing sake and contribute to the distinct, regional flavor profiles of Dewatsuru sake.
The brewery is also blessed with exceptionally soft water, which ensures the naturally smooth taste for which Dewatsuru sake is known. The Kariho brewery, also run by Akita Seishu, is located within miles of Dewatsuru but has much harder water. The result is a drastically different style of sake.
Akita Seishu is proud to introduce Dewatsuru sake to the United States. Dewatsuru translates as, “crane of the Dewa region,” and brings to mind the beautiful birds, graceful and regal, showing off their plumage in the snow covered countryside. The name conveys the refined elegance of the Dewatsuru line of premium sake.
Our Website: www.igeta.jp/english/index02_e.html
Local Distributors: Winebow
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Member Since: 11/14/2012
Other items listed by JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Eco-Stage Engineering Co., Ltd. – Produces Valuable Resources from Organic Waste
- West Japan Fluid Engineering Laboratory Co., Ltd.
- Fukuoka Cloth Industry Co., Ltd. – Manufacturing of Adhesives and Tapes for Industrial Cable
- In Japan, vegetable factories market size is expected to reach 15.2 billion yen ($14.9 million) in 2018
- IR+UV EXPO 2014 – Apr 24-26 in Pacifico Yokohama, Japan
Top Ads Today
- KOSÉ Corporation - Japanese Cosmetics, Skin Care and Hair Care Products (44 views)
- SAGA HIMAT - Heavy Ion Cancer Treatment Center (28 views)
- Sato Seni Co., Ltd. - Yarn Spinning Manufacturer (27 views)
- Nippon Poly-Glu Co., Ltd. - Provides Water Treatment Assistance (24 views)
- Fujiwara Industry Co., Ltd. - Wastewater Treatment and Tsunami Emergency Equipment (19 views)
- TOHOKU KOGEI Co., Ltd. - Traditional Craftwork "Tamamushi Lacquerware" (13 views)
- Mu Ltd. - Self-propelling capsule endoscopy "MiniMermaid" (13 views)
- Tsuneishi Shipbuilding Co., Ltd. - Offering shipbuilding service since 1917 (12 views)
- ABI Co., Ltd. - Freezer machine for keeping tissue cells alive (11 views)
- Dynax Corporation - Production of wet-type friction plates, reaction plates for vehicles and ships (9 views)