TOHOKU KOGEI Co., Ltd. is a lacquerware manufacturer founded in Sendai city, Miyagi in 1933. Since its inauguration, TOHOKU KOGEI has valued its unique spirit of manufacturing which is to make “not only ornamental but useful craftwork”.
Our craftwork is not “ornament”, its quality lies in its “usefulness”. As the only maker that succeeds the lacquering skills of Sendai-born “Tamamushi lacqurerware”, we have developed products considering the colours, designs and price ranges that meet the current lifestyles.
“Tamamushi lacquerware” was designated as the “traditional craftwork” of Miyagi prefecture in 1985. But we had not worked for the “traditional” title since the beginning. Rather, we have come this far diligently seeking for the current needs of the people in Sendai, sticking to handwork and down to earth business. That, as a result, lead to the recognition of “traditional craftwork”.
“Tamamushi lacquerware” is a Sendai-born urushi lacquerware that features captivating colours and gloss that reflects light. It was named “Tamamushi (jewel beetle)” since the beautiful colours that change its tones according to the degree of light resembles the wings of the jewel beetle.
TOHOKU KOGEI currently produces a wide range of products such as stationary and tableware handy for use in various places and situations, while producing gifts, souvenirs and articles presented to the Japanese Imperial royal family representing the traditional craftwork of Sendai.
Beautifully and carefully finished “Tamamushi lacquerware” tableware that adds brightness to your table, bringing you delight as you use them daily.
Stylish interior produced by the skilful craftsmen that perfectly matches your current lifestyle.
Feel the warmth of handwork in utilities you handle daily. Stationaries that hold beautifulness and functionality at the same time.
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Member Since: 11/14/2012
Other items listed by JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Hitachi Wins Order for Vietnam Metro Rail Project
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd. (MHI)’s 1st Foreign Launch Order in Japan
- Nippon Magnetic Dressing Co., Ltd. – Iron and steel slag recycling business and sales sorting machine
- GILD design factory Co.,Ltd. – Solid bumper for Smartphones
- Boeing looking for more partners to develop in areas beyond fuselage production of aircraft
Top Ads Today
- Japanese brand road bike specializing in triathlon - CEEPO (25 views)
- First produced Japanese whiskey in 1937 - Suntory Holdings Limited (17 views)
- Kuken Kogyo Co., Ltd. - Leading manufacturer of cooling tower systems in Japan (16 views)
- Specializes in Pigments, Nanotechnology and Photosensitizer Compounds - Fuji Pigment Co., Ltd. (16 views)
- Sato Seni Co., Ltd. - Yarn Spinning Manufacturer (13 views)
- Subaru Corporation - Subaru Automotive Business - Aerospace Company - Industrial Products Company (13 views)
- FUJISEIKI Co., Ltd. - Sushi, Rice Ball and Noodle Making Machine (13 views)
- Fukuoka Shipbuilding Co., Ltd. - Shipbuilding Company (12 views)
- Providing Japanese Beauty Trends - istyle Inc. (12 views)
- Automotive Energy Supply Corporation (AESC) - Manufacturing of lithium-ion batteries for automotive (11 views)