- Listed: 07/08/2014 7:23 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Bankruptcies down 9.7% in Jan.-June period
Date: Jul 8, 2014
Source: NHK World
Corporate bankruptcies in Japan fell to their lowest level in 23 years between January and June. This is due to the on-going economic recovery.
Some firms went bankrupt because they were unable to find enough workers in a tightening labor market.
Analysts at private credit research firm Tokyo Shoko Research say 5,073 bankruptcies were recorded in the first 6 months of the year. That’s down 9.7 percent from the same period in 2013.
The total amount of liabilities tumbled 41.4 percent to 10.4 billion dollars.
But labor shortages and rising wages put strains on many businesses, including construction companies.
Ten firms went under because they had difficulty hiring workers.
Another 10 got into financial trouble because of soaring labor costs.
Top Ads Today
- TSI Holdings Co., Ltd. - Offer more than 50 clothing brands for women (36 views)
- Nippon Poly-Glu Co., Ltd. - Provides Water Treatment Assistance (22 views)
- Kuken Kogyo Co., Ltd. - Leading manufacturer of cooling tower systems in Japan (11 views)
- ITO Co., Ltd. - Japan's first physiotherapy equipment manufacturer (10 views)
- TOTO Ltd. - World's largest toilet manufacturer (9 views)
- JFOODO - To Expand Japanese Food Products and Food Culture to Overseas (8 views)
- Watanabe Engineering Corporation - Manufacture of Sheet Metal Machine (8 views)
- Kyowakiden Industry Co., Ltd. - Water Treatment System & Recycling System (8 views)
- OHKI Co., Ltd. - We are a leading manufacturer of filter bags for tea and coffee (8 views)
- Japanese hair care product "Botanist" is brought great response in the world (8 views)