- Listed: 07/08/2014 7:23 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Bankruptcies down 9.7% in Jan.-June period
Date: Jul 8, 2014
Source: NHK World
Corporate bankruptcies in Japan fell to their lowest level in 23 years between January and June. This is due to the on-going economic recovery.
Some firms went bankrupt because they were unable to find enough workers in a tightening labor market.
Analysts at private credit research firm Tokyo Shoko Research say 5,073 bankruptcies were recorded in the first 6 months of the year. That’s down 9.7 percent from the same period in 2013.
The total amount of liabilities tumbled 41.4 percent to 10.4 billion dollars.
But labor shortages and rising wages put strains on many businesses, including construction companies.
Ten firms went under because they had difficulty hiring workers.
Another 10 got into financial trouble because of soaring labor costs.
Top Ads Today
- Japan Cell Co., Ltd. - Optical contact of adhesive free bonding process (88 views)
- Excellent KOBE Beef (Japan Premium Wagyu) Supplier - Kobe Isoda Farm (29 views)
- SHINKO IND. LTD. - Our Cargo Oil Pumps Occupies 85% of The Global Market (25 views)
- World Co., Ltd. - Japan's leading clothing company with nearly 100 brands (17 views)
- TSI Holdings Co., Ltd. - Offer more than 50 clothing brands for women (10 views)
- MUSCLE Corporation - Motion Control Systems Specialist (10 views)
- Nitto Denko Corporation - Manufacturing adhesives and coating products (10 views)
- Mutsuura Honten Co., Ltd. - Supplying high quality Japanese tool brand since 1892 (10 views)
- I-Medex Co., Ltd. - Manufacturing of bioelectrode products such as holter monitor electrodes (10 views)
- Replication and Reproduction for Japanese Cultural Properties - Rivivere (8 views)