Takaoka Lacquerware – Presented by OSK Global Business Promotion
- State/Prefecture: Osaka Prefecture
- City/Town/Village: Osaka
- Street: 2-5 Honmachibashi, Chuo-ku,
- Country: Japan
- Zip/Postal Code: 540-0029
- Phone: +81-6-4792-8966
- Website: http://oskkaigai.wixsite.com/amano-urushi/
- Listed: 01/11/2017 1:13 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Takaoka Lacqueware（高岡漆器） was first made in 1609 when Toshinaga Maeda, the second load of the Kaga Domain, built Takaoka Castle in Takaoka city. He ordered to make arms and armor, drawers, and low dining tables. After that new techniques such as tsuishu (堆朱) and tsuikoku (堆黒) were introduced by China. Also various techniques such as chokoku-nuri (彫刻塗), sabie (錆絵), raden (螺鈿), and zonsei (存星) which look solid using a variety of lacquer colors were produced, and those techniques developed Takaoka Lacquerware and made it famous.
These techniques took root as townspeople culture and had a progressive development due to the traditional festival in Takaoka where gorgeous festival cars called mikurumayama (御車山) have used and decorated with them.
In 1975, Takaoka Lacquerware has been nominated as traditional crafts of Japan.
Top Ads Today
- TSI Holdings Co., Ltd. - Offer more than 50 clothing brands for women (7 views)
- SENJO SEIKI Co., Ltd. - Automatic Chamfering and Deburring Machines (4 views)
- Plan designed by Japanese architect in the development projects of Paris was adopted (3 views)
- D&M Holdings Inc. (3 views)
- FANCL Corporation - Preservative-free Skin Care Products (3 views)
- Takeda Shokai Co., Ltd. - We have largest scrap metal recycling plant in Fukuoka (3 views)
- Tomy Company, Ltd. - Japanese major toy maker (3 views)
- Twinbird Corporation - FPSC - New Cooling/Refrigeration System (3 views)
- Saga Kensa Service - Ultrasonic Testing for Concrete (2 views)
- 500 Startups Japan (2 views)