- State/Prefecture: Osaka Prefecture
- City/Town/Village: Osaka
- Street: 2-5 Honmachibashi, Chuo-ku,
- Country: Japan
- Zip/Postal Code: 540-0029
- Phone: +81-6-4792-8966
- Website: http://oskkaigai.wixsite.com/amano-urushi/
- Listed: 01/11/2017 1:13 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Takaoka Lacqueware（高岡漆器） was first made in 1609 when Toshinaga Maeda, the second load of the Kaga Domain, built Takaoka Castle in Takaoka city. He ordered to make arms and armor, drawers, and low dining tables. After that new techniques such as tsuishu (堆朱) and tsuikoku (堆黒) were introduced by China. Also various techniques such as chokoku-nuri (彫刻塗), sabie (錆絵), raden (螺鈿), and zonsei (存星) which look solid using a variety of lacquer colors were produced, and those techniques developed Takaoka Lacquerware and made it famous.
These techniques took root as townspeople culture and had a progressive development due to the traditional festival in Takaoka where gorgeous festival cars called mikurumayama (御車山) have used and decorated with them.
In 1975, Takaoka Lacquerware has been nominated as traditional crafts of Japan.
Top Ads Today
- Matte Gold Plating - Good corrosion resistant, low electrical resistivity and good bondability (6 views)
- Kansai Paint Co., Ltd. - One of the 10 biggest paint manufacturers in the world (5 views)
- Takaoka Lacquerware - Presented by OSK Global Business Promotion (5 views)
- Mitsuya Co., Ltd. – Providing the plating and finishing services since 1931 (5 views)
- Kawamura Sangyo Co. Ltd., - Slitting Services for Medical, Automotive, Electronic, Food and Other Applications (4 views)
- Gold-Tin Alloy Plating - Good joint strength and good thermal conductivity (4 views)
- Rhodium Plating - Strong wear resistance, high surface hardness and low contact resistance (4 views)
- Tagawa Sangyo Co., Ltd. - Surface coatings with using Japanese traditional Shikkui (4 views)
- Nitto Denko Corporation - Manufacturing adhesives and coating products (4 views)
- Sakamoto Urushi Manufacturing Co., Ltd. - Urushi Surface Manufacturing (4 views)