- State/Prefecture: Osaka Prefecture
- City/Town/Village: Osaka
- Street: 2-5 Honmachibashi, Chuo-ku,
- Country: Japan
- Zip/Postal Code: 540-0029
- Website: http://oskkaigai.wixsite.com/copperware-toyama/
- Listed: 04/15/2017 6:45 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Takaoka copperware is a traditional craft of castings which is produced in Takaoka, Toyama Prefecture. Takaoka douki started when a Kaga daimyo, Toshinaga MAEDA(1562-1614), summoned seven casters to the Kanaya-machi of Takaoka City to promote the area’s prosperity in 1611 (Keicho 16). In recent years, the 400th anniversary ceremonial event was held.
At first, it started as art and craft work presented to the feudal lord. Then it became widely popular in and outside Japan as Buddhist altar equipment, pots and kettles, vases, tea utensils, and decorations. Bronzeware was presented to the world at international expositions and was also exported, gaining a solid reputation.
The material first used was mainly iron casting, but around the middle of the Edo Period (1603-1868) there was an evolution towards a variety of materials, including alloyed metals such as copper castings, tin, bronze, and brass, as well as aluminum – marking a further improvement of the processing technologies. Polishing, metal carving, coloring, and other processing techniques were also developed, and a variety of modes of expression were established. Both manufacturing methods and processes have continued to develop, up to the present day.
In 1975, we were designated as a Primary Nationally Designated Traditional Craft; in 1979 we were designated as an area for specific industries, and the Takaoka Metalwork Association was registered as a “local community brand” by the Japan Patent Office on January 11, 2008.
The characteristics of Takaoka douki are free molding as well as intricate shaping, and graceful and smooth surface. Growing beauty through time and gently caressing the products day after day brings out an elegant sheen.
Takaoka douki provides pleasure as it ages gracefully with ownership.
Top Ads Today
- Japan Cell Co., Ltd. - Optical contact of adhesive free bonding process (39 views)
- SHINKO IND. LTD. - Our Cargo Oil Pumps Occupies 85% of The Global Market (13 views)
- Nippura Co., Ltd. - Aquarium Manufacturer (8 views)
- Japanese govt helps China to turn used cooking oil into soap in a bid to reduce water pollution (8 views)
- Japan capitalize experience and technologies for reducing pollutants of PM2.5 problem (8 views)
- ACCESS Co., Ltd. - Provider of Advanced Software Technologies (8 views)
- HIRANO TECSEED Co., Ltd. - Coating and Laminating Technology (7 views)
- Boston Club Co., Ltd - Designer Eyeglasses (6 views)
- GMC Toy's Field Inc. - p+g design (6 views)
- Indian boiler manufacturing company formed joint venture with Japanese incineration systems company (5 views)