- Listed: 05/01/2014 12:26 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Japan, China, S. Korea to Jointly Tackle PM2.5 Problem
Date: Apr 29, 2014
Source: JIJI Press
DAEGU, SOUTH KOREA – Japan, China and South Korea issued on Tuesday a joint statement stipulating their concerted efforts to resolve environmental issues such as the concentration of PM2.5 fine pollutants.
The communique was adopted by Environment Minister Nobuteru Ishihara, Chinese Vice Environmental Protection Minister Li Ganjie and South Korean Environment Minister Yoon Seong-kyu to wrap up their two-day talks in the South Korean city of Daegu.
According to the joint paper, the three countries will put their cooperation priority on six categories, including reducing air pollution and protecting water quality and the maritime environment, while promoting multilevel collaboration involving municipalities, companies and researchers.
As measures to tackle the PM2.5 and other air pollution problems, the three nations will introduce to each other successful methods and technologies to make the air cleaner.
They also agreed to exchange observation data on PM2.5 and other particles to identify yellow dust’s travel routes and jointly study ocean pollution by garbage.
On the second day of their meeting, Ishihara, Li and Yoon explained their respective countries’ environment protection policies.
Pointing out Japan is beefing up PM2.5 monitoring by improving measurement systems and devices, Ishihara stressed that cutting the pollutants’ emissions should be given top priority.
Li said he welcomes the three countries’ agreement on local-level cooperation in reducing air pollution.
At a press conference after the meeting, Ishihara said: “We were able to agree on specific cooperation measures against air pollution. Japan is willing to capitalize on its experience and technologies to reduce the pollution in the region.”
Ishihara met separately with Yoon Monday and agreed to exchange information on PM2.5 and bird influenza, but has failed to have individual talks with Li.
The three-way ministerial talks on environmental issues started in 1999. Amid heightened tensions over the Japan-administered Senkaku Islands, also claimed by China, Chinese Environment Protection Minister Zhou Shengxian skipped last May’s meeting in Kitakyushu, and was absent again this year.
The next talks will be held in China.
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Member Since: 11/14/2012
Other items listed by JAPAN PRODUCTS
- Kuken Kogyo Co., Ltd. – Leading manufacturer of cooling tower systems in Japan
- Seiko Coffee Co., Ltd. – We deliver fresh roasted coffee from Japan
- Hakusui No Kura – Steakhouse
- Integration Co., Ltd. – Kimukatsu – Japanese Pork Cutlets
- NEC’s Face Recognition Technology Ranks First in National Institute of Standards and Technology
Top Ads Today
- KOSÉ Corporation - Japanese Cosmetics, Skin Care and Hair Care Products (39 views)
- Sato Seni Co., Ltd. - Yarn Spinning Manufacturer (25 views)
- SAGA HIMAT - Heavy Ion Cancer Treatment Center (24 views)
- Nippon Poly-Glu Co., Ltd. - Provides Water Treatment Assistance (13 views)
- TOHOKU KOGEI Co., Ltd. - Traditional Craftwork "Tamamushi Lacquerware" (12 views)
- Mu Ltd. - Self-propelling capsule endoscopy "MiniMermaid" (11 views)
- Fujiwara Industry Co., Ltd. - Wastewater Treatment and Tsunami Emergency Equipment (11 views)
- AIHO Corporation - Manufacturing of Cooking Machines and Kitchen Appliances (8 views)
- Excellent KOBE Beef (Japan Premium Wagyu) Supplier - Kobe Isoda Farm (7 views)
- Japanese traditional kimonos retailer - Kyoto Kimonomachi (7 views)